• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't install Adobe CS6: machine restart may be pending

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 8 OS. After downloading Adobe CS6 files, I extracted the files to my desktop. When I tried to install, Adobe Installer says it has detected that a machine restart may be pending. It is recommended that I quit the installer, restart my computer and try installing again. I did that, and the same note appears. Should I choose to ignore and carry on installation?

Someone else faced similar problem last month (in one of the threads), and he ignored the note and carried on with installation. Then his Photoshop cannot work. Others suggested using Adobe Cleanup tool for him but no resolution from that thread. Anyway, mine is a new laptop, and there's nothing to cleanup. I did try Cleanup but nothing to cleanup.

What do I do?

Thanks.

Siang Yu

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

I received the same notification when I installed CS6 on my machine.  I restarted Windows and received the same message, then chose 'Ignore' and the software installed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the same notification when I installed CS6 on my machine.  I restarted Windows and received the same message, then chose 'Ignore' and the software installed successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay great! I will try it and see. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it works! Thanks Pat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I should have seen that lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If the issue persists even after restarting your computer, you need to delete the Inprogress key from your registry. Follow the below steps:

Disclaimer: This procedure involves editing the Windows registry. Adobe doesn't provide support for editing the registry, which contains critical system and application information. Make sure to back up the registry before editing it. For more information about the registry, see Windows registry information for advanced users on the Microsoft support site, or contact Microsoft.

Launch Windows Registry Editor.

(Windows XP) Choose Start > Run, type regedit in the Open text box and click OK.

(Windows Vista/ Windows 7) Choose Start, type regedit in the Search box, and press Enter.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager.

Delete the InProgress key.

Regards,

Jairaj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jairaj! Will take note of that. So far it works fine

regards

Siang Yu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2013 Jan 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Various individuals have restated Adobe's own answer to this problem which is to delete the InProgress key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager. In my case, there is no InProgress key to be deleted. It just doesn't exist. Others have said to just ignore the problem. I'm never given the option. Instead, I'm referred to the Adobe Support Advisor, a singularly unhelpful piece of garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2013 Feb 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't press Ignore, and I restarted my machine, and now CS6 won't install!

"Installer failed to Initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem."

I get the Adobe Support Advisor, and it tells me;

"cpsid_828s1:"A restart is pending," bootstrapper error has occurred."

There is no InProgress Key to delete!

I have restarted my machine a few times to no avale it does not clear the error.

I recently uninstalled CS6 because I had a bug on my system, and I'm trying to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue brazguna and used the Adobe creative suite cleaner tool to clean all Photoshop CS6 files, I still had the restart pending notification but after hitting ignore it continued to install successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, Yes it is a piece of garbage this Adobe so called help. Would appreciate if you can guide me somewhere It installs up to 2% and sits there for hours. otherwise same messages

Gus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gus did you try the steps referenced provided by Pat in message #1?

If so then I would recommend starting a new discussion with the specific errors you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, no such registry key existed.  I didn't want to just choose igore and continue so I kept searching for an answer and found one.  Search the registry for "PendingFileRenameOperations" and delete them.  I found two in mine, deleted them and it installed just fine.  Be sure not to search on data, you just want to delete the keys that have the name PendingFileRenameOperations.

I found this info here: http://durej.com/?p=167

Below is a piece of it.

Now that would be awesome, if there was actually any “InProgress” key in my registry. If you read comments, that was mostly the case with most users so this advice was pretty useless.

OK. to make a long story short, I did find somebody suggesting to erase : “PendingFileRenameOperations” from registry from a certain location.

I did not find any keys in that particular location, but searching troughout the entire  registry for “PendingFileRenameOperations” revealed couple of instances.

I deleted them all and voilà ! the installer ran like a charm!

So if you have the same problem with the CS5 installer, try it, might help you as well.

Word of caution . Make sure your registry key has a NAME that matches “PendingFileRenameOperations” as there might be some keys that have this string as a data/value.

in my case it was :  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\KeysNotToRestore” key which value/data contained string “PendingFileRenameOperations” .

Do not delete those :)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou! It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last option for anyone who meet this problem, especially on windows 8. Firstly, you open Adobe CS6 file, right click set-up.exe icon and select Troubleshoot compatibility. And then, choose Try recommend setting, click Test the program. As a result, the set-up.exe begins installation process.
Also, we can try another way by right click right click set-up.exe icon and select Properties, open Compatibility tab. Now, we have 2 option to implement: uncheck "run this program on compatibility mode for" or choose windows 7 in the drop-down menu instead (because in some cases, its default mode is Windows XP). Hope these ideas may of great use to you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of these solutions and had no luck. My issue was in upgrading from CS6 to CC. This is what worked:

Please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Locate folder OOBE

Please rename that folder to OOBEold.

Go ahead and try installing Adobe Application Manager.

I got this from:

http://blog.vadervideo.com/2013/06/adobe-creative-cloud-installation.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guru7, This works for CS5 too, although OOB does not look like a folder. All good tho'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guru7 YOU ROCK this worked for me too - thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and try solving several way

I try the advise from t1h213n4h5 and its solving!!

Thank you for your kind suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing worked for me. Just select Ignore and the install is sucessful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

il mio problema era l'installazione di Adobe Flash Pro CS6 mi dava sempre errore,

ho installato Adobe Application Manager è tutto risolto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines