• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Creative Cloud app anymore. Error code P42

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't update my programms anymore using the CC app, so I tried reinstalling it, resulting in a P42 error.  ( no access to necessary file or map ). Followed all the steps on Adobe support page, reinstalled certificates, but all without luck. 
Downloaded the uninstall program "uninstalled with errors". Ran everything as admin.  Using Windows 10 Pro 64 bits, latest build.
I bought the Adobe license  as a teacher, but now I'm retired and have no access to my schiool-account anymorel. The license however is valid until february 2021

Any tips or suggestions.?

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ReinBijlsma, as you indicated Error P42 indicates the installer is being denied access to a critical file or directory.  There is no need to guess where access is being denied.  Please review the Install Log to determine the exact location that is being blocked.  Information on how to locate the install log can be found at  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-log-files.html.  For more details on Error P42 see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error42.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines