• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Creative Cloud App on MacOS (error P201)

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to reinstall the creative cloud app because it just disappeared from my macbook pro.

I opened the dmg downloaded from the official adobe website but it reaches 0.7% of loading and it stops with the error P201. I read on the FAQ that it is a problem with internet connection but I don't understand the problem because my internet is completely fine. I can still use the CC apps but i can't update them without the creative cloud app. I also tried to use the adobe cleaner tool but didn't fix the problem.

Can someone please help me fix this problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

MAC does not have a pre installed antivirus, however it does have a firewall that can be turned on. Have a look at the following discussion, it might help diagnose the network issues related to Adobe servers

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/p201/td-p/8874826

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try by disabling/ uninstalling antivirus, check firewalls, or anything that interferes or monitors the network connections

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning the firewall off, but still the same error.

I don't have any antivirus installed, or is there a pre-installed software or anti-virus system on macOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC does not have a pre installed antivirus, however it does have a firewall that can be turned on. Have a look at the following discussion, it might help diagnose the network issues related to Adobe servers

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/p201/td-p/8874826

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem, my macbook is connected with an ethernet cable and with wifi, after doing some tweaking with the firewall and app permissions, i tried to unplug the ethernet cable and it started installing correctly.

Thank you for your support Manan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines