Exit

Can't install Creative Cloud Setup - error code 46

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64, service pack 1

Getting this message on install:

'Installer was unable to access a critical file/directory. Please try installing again. (error code: 46)'

In case it was a privileges issue:

• Tried as main user which already has admin privileges
  • Tried creating a new admin user and installing through that
  • Tried activating the disabled default administrator user and installing

Also tried with antivirus/firewall disabled, and tried running Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool then running the installer again.

Same error every time - any ideas on how to get this installed?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Finally figured it out, so here's the solution in case anyone else hits this problem - in my case it was Comodo internet security.

Not sure if it was the anti-virus, HIPS, auto-sandbox, or the firewall, but I basically disabled *all* of them for a couple of minutes while I ran the installer, and everything worked fine. Switched back on and the installed application is working without any problems at all. Note that Comodo has to still be running and each option actually disabled, rather than just

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, I couldn't find any help in the FAQ though - the only info I could find related to this error code was about it potentially being a privileges issue, but as I said in the first comment I've tried all the options people suggested on that.

I did try the live chat earlier but got no response so closed it after half an hour waiting. I'll give that another go if no-one else can suggest anything though, I don't mind waiting but didn't have the time for it this evening.

The last link you gave seems to be to do with server errors, and this doesn't look like it's anything to do with the connection or downloading issues - it says it's downloading, then starts to install, then stops and fires the error message.

Again, any help would be very much appreciated, I'd like to get this sorted and get this installed as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured it out, so here's the solution in case anyone else hits this problem - in my case it was Comodo internet security.

Not sure if it was the anti-virus, HIPS, auto-sandbox, or the firewall, but I basically disabled *all* of them for a couple of minutes while I ran the installer, and everything worked fine. Switched back on and the installed application is working without any problems at all. Note that Comodo has to still be running and each option actually disabled, rather than just exiting Comodo in the systray (the protection stays on if you do that, it must be still running as a service).

Hope this is of some use and saves some time/hassle for anyone else having trouble with the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's almost three days i tried everything as stated above but didn't worked out.

I am running windows 8.1. Please help me out.

Suraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Code..

Unable to unzip the contents of package: utilInstallPackageAtPathToPath

12/08/14 10:06:35:882 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 4080 | Error Failed to extract assets...

12/08/14 10:06:36:002 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 4080 | package installation failed and the return code was 46

12/08/14 10:06:36:002 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 4080 | Failed to install with return code: 46

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tony, you helped me out, I was getting so frustrated, I disabled my Kaspersky before the install and it installed perfectly.  Now I have to get the products installed.

THANK YOU SO MUCH 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do did you disable Kaspersky?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me. using Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue running Windows 10 and nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it did not work for me help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I got the same problem today (error 46). I managed to get past this problem by using the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. It helps cleaning all the remnants of previous installations of, for example, the creative cloud desktop. Worked for me . Here you go: De CC Cleaner Tool gebruiken om installatieproblemen op te lossen | CC, CS3-CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC Cleaner fixed it for me - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone that is still having this issue. You can resolve it in windows by going to the download location, right click the file, then select run as administrator it will run it no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2016 Mar 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running it as an administrator worked for us, after repeatedly getting the #46 error message. Thanks for sharing the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have comodo and none of the anyi-viris you are talking about im on windows 8 help what do I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried everything like turning off my firewall uninstalling McAfee I dont know what else to do and I am really starting to get frustrated. PLEASE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing works for mw with Windows 10.
I have disabled Firewall and anti virus but it didn't help.
I also tried "Adobe CC Cleaner" - still having the same problem.
Cannot install or use the Adobe programs 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try installation in Safe Mode with Networking.

Best regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

me too facing same problem

you got the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines