• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install CS6 on computer with Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CD for my CS6 and it is installed on one of my computers.  However on my new computer that has a Windows 10 platform it will recognize the disk but won't do anything when I select to install it. Why?

Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Hi,

Cloud & Win10 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Windows_10_compatibility_FAQ.html

-Also, only current products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-you may get CS6 and earlier programs to install and run, or you may not (some do, some don't)

An idea that may work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-1 0-a.html

-or Run as Administra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Cloud & Win10 https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/Windows_10_compatibility_FAQ.html

-Also, only current products will be tested and updated for compatibility with Windows 10

-you may get CS6 and earlier programs to install and run, or you may not (some do, some don't)

An idea that may work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10... works for some, not for others

-http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/15523-compatibility-mode-settings-apps-change-windows-1 0-a.html

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395

to assign full permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for all  Adobe programs

You may also refer Photoshop cs6 windows 10 64bit

Does CS6 work with Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  i was able to get it to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shellybinsfeld

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For posterity (yes this is a late post), as I just hit this issue and resolved it:

To install on windows 10, you will get errors.

First, try running the setup. It will install PDApp to %LocalAppData%/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp, but that version isn't compatible with Windows 10.

If you still have access to your old computer (mine was upgraded to Windows 10 and I hadn't formatted the system yet) or a trusted friend's computer (don't try to find this online), create a zip file with their following directory and copy it to your machine in the same location: c:\program files (x86)/Common/Adobe/OOBE/PDApp .

Then, if you had looked to see what was being run with PDApp (checking %LocalAppData%/Temp/PDApp.log), you will see:
"C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDApp.exe" --media="D:\path_to_where_setup_is\Adobe CS6" --appletID="DWA_UI" --appletVersion="2.0" --requiredSize=101794

Just cd to the new OOBE\PDApp\core directory path, and call the same command (replace PDApp.exe path to local path)

Someone in another thread also mentioned that it was their antivirus that was causing issues. I believe it, since there are quite a few new things that at least Microsoft's Defender does in Windows 10, but I didn't want to jump through hoops to disable and then make sure it got fully re-enabled completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late late post, or updated if you like.

CS6 works fine on Windows 10 build 1909 but for some reason you can't reinstall it, which is a pain if you're reformatting or switching to a new computer which was my case. I tried the above, but for it to work I had to do a couple more things.

• I had to disable the Application Compatibility Assistant.
    See here : https://www.winhelp.co/knowledge-base/windows-10-disable-program-compatibility-assistant-2/
  • Reboot
  • Go into the local user folder where the PDApp.exe is located (usually C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\) and rename it to PDAp.exe
  • Type cmd in the folder address bar to open the cmd app in the current directory
  • Run the app with the switches found in the log file (%LocalAppData%/Temp/PDApp.log). Here is the line I had:
    PDAp --media="C:\Path_to_install_folder\Adobe CS6" --appletID="DWA_UI" --appletVersion="2.0" --requiredSize=101794

Renaming the file was required, otherwise I still got the popup even though the service was disabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't thank you enough @trimlineabitibi  ... I got stuck and was unable to install my CS6 software after reinstalling a crashed Windows10 over a year ago! Researched how-to a while ago but with no joy!

I followed your steps as instructed  but was not able to run cmd from the "folder address bar" as you suggested.

However i opened cmd as an administrator and cd to "C:\ Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\"

Renamed the PDApp.exe to PDAp.exe

Inspected and copied information from log file 'PDApp.log' of the failed installation process, located "C:\Users\Maplinx\AppData\Local\Temp". 

Still in the Users\%%\AppData\local\Adobe.. driveToCore dir with the PDAp.exe file, inserted the following: 

PDAp.exe --media="C:\Users\MyUserName\Desktop\Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium\Adobe CS6" --appletID="DWA_UI" --appletVersion="2.0" --requiredSize=101794

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a 2016 version of PDApp.exe on my system drive. I renamed it to PDAp.exe.

I merged the contents of CS6 DVD's Disk 1 and Disk 2 to a local hard drive and ran:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE.old\PDApp\core>PDap --media="d:\CS6\Adobe CS6" --appletID="DWA_UI" --appletVersion="2.0" --requiredSize=101794

Worked!! Thanks to all the above poster!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing worked with me until in Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Security -> Device Security -> Core Isolation,
I disabled Memory Integrity.
After installation, I enabled Memory Integrity again and Photoshop still runs. 🙂

(Program Compatibility Assistant Service stopped and Application Compatibility settings in gpedit in place at that moment, but those settings were probably not needed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me as well, installing from the original disc.  Thanks everyone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I basically did this except I disabled the "Compatability Assistant" before starting the install the first time and I was just able to run setup.exe and do the CS6 install normally.

My only question is "do I need to leave the Compaability Assostant" off?   I'm afraid of turning it on and running into the "you need to rename the program problem" if I have to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines