• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install previous versions of CC apps

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 10.11.6 OS X El Captain Mac, so the newest versions of Adobe apps don't work with my current system. I was trying to download previuos versions of the apps but when I click "other versions" nothing shows up. I have the show older apps option on in preferences, so it's not that. Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 2.35.50 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run the latest Creative Cloud Desktop App + all other apps you intend to use.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Your OS is too old.  You need High Sierra or higher. Check your computer's compatibility below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208202

Owing to Adobe's new version policy, it's not possible to access pre-2019 versions from the CC desktop App. On my Win10 machine with Show Older Apps selected, InDesign offers v15 and v14 only.

More Actions > Other VersionsMore Actions > Other Versions

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model year is your Mac and what type of Mac? iMac, Macbook Pro, Mac Mini, Air?

Even EXTREMELY Older Macs can be upgraded to one of the newer OS X versions than you are using and then you can use the Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an early 2015 Macbook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That computer will run up to the most current OS, which is currently Catalina.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to Upgrade the operating system, OS X, MacOS, on your system.

There has been 4 Major releases of OS X since the OS that you are running came out. 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x and now 10.15.x.

Go to the Apple Mac store (NOT the iOS store) (Called the App Store In your Application folder) or there should be an icon for it in your Dock, and get a newer version of OS X.

You can then install the newer Creative Cloud Desktop App and the new Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201475

Before upgrading to Catalina, first check your MacBook Air for 32 bit apps. They will not work on Catalina.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/10/07/how-to-get-mac-ready-macos-catalina/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines