• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install to a root drive

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

II'm trying to imstall Cs5 to a new SSD but I get the error "can't install to a root drive"

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the exact error message is " installation to a root drive location is not supported "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baf05 is there a specific reason which you need to install to the root of the drive?  If you install to the default location do you receive an error message?  Finally which operating system are you using on this new SSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a new SSD, simply to add storage, but also as its much faster than a normal HDD, I assumed that by installing CS5 to it, the program would run faster.  I am using windows 7

if I install the default, no I don't get the error....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baf05 to see any real performance gains I would recommend having the operating system and the applications installed the SSD.

Did you use any special characters in the drive naming of the new drive?   If you try installing to the root of your C: drive do you experience the same error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no special names, I am going to try cloning my drive and migrating it to the SSD, hopefully that will work.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2016 Aug 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution by accident. Make a new folder in the SSD and install it to that folder. It won't register as a "root drive"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines