Explorer ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2018

iMac 27"

High Sierra OS

I haven't had any problems to date with installing updates...then:

A couple days ago my CC 2018 stopped updating my CC 2018 apps. (So far Photoshop and Animate.)

I get the "unable to create a symbolic link" error in the Adobe pop up and when I click on that it goes to a web page with:

Exit Code: 151

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 151) executing in command 'CreateMacAliasCommand' for package: 'AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul', version:1.1.4

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeColorCommonSetRGB_1_0-mul Version: 1.1.4). Error code: '151'

WARN: Unable to delete file at "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same error for both programs.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

In Color Design, sorry you are facing Error 151 while updating your CC applications.  From the error, you posted the installer is unable to delete necessary files at /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended.  If you have already retried applying the updates then please reboot the computer and attempt to update the CC applications again.

If you continue to encounter Error 151, on macOS 10.13, then please uninstall any currently installed Adobe software.  You can use the process listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Color Design, sorry you are facing Error 151 while updating your CC applications.  From the error, you posted the installer is unable to delete necessary files at /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended.  If you have already retried applying the updates then please reboot the computer and attempt to update the CC applications again.

If you continue to encounter Error 151, on macOS 10.13, then please uninstall any currently installed Adobe software.  You can use the process listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps to remove the software.  Once removed please rename or remove the /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended folder and reinstall the Creative Cloud applications.  During the installation process, the folder will be recreated and there should be no further errors with updating or modifying the necessary files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm - thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Worked for me as well. Even though I spent 3+ hours with online tech support who couldn't fix it. I found this thread and solved it in 10mins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines