• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Launch Photoshop or InDesign

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to launch Photoshop or InDesign. Whenever I try to start Photoshop I get an error message that says "The code execution cannot proceed because CONCRT140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem".  (Spoiler altert: reinstalling did not fix the problem)

When I try launching InDesign I get an error message that says "Cannot load the PATH TYPE.RPLN plug-in. It is depedent on the GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN plug-in which failed to load. Please check documentation for GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN plug-in"

I've been working on this problem for hours and cannot find a fix. I've tried reinstalling Photoshop/Indesign, I've uninstalled and reinstalled all of my creative cloud suite, restarted the computer a number of times, I've run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Combed google for insights. Nothing is working. 

Photoshop/InDesign had been working just fine on my computer (Windows 10 Pro) until it wasn't. I didn't install any new programs or updates between the last time PS/ID worked and when it stopped. As far as I know there were no changes to the system. 

Any ideas on how to fix this? My work has come griding to a halt as result...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

That MAY be a Microsoft problem... Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help
-or direct to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That MAY be a Microsoft problem... Go to the Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help
-or direct to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. My problem is now semi-resovled. Installing the latest Visual C download has fixed the photoshop issue and I am now able to run that program again.

My InDesign problem has morphed though as a result. I am no longer getting the same error message as before. Now the the program loads, but I am unable to start a new project. The program just crashes and does not provide me an error code or a reason for the crash. (However the "send a crash report to Adobe" dialoge appears, but doesn't give any insight into the reason for the crash) What's even more odd is I can open old projects, edit and save them. It's only when I try to create a new project does the program crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had the same problem.  When I tried to re-install the Visual C++ software from the Microsoft site, I got an error message - it was already installed so I couldn't re-install.  So I went to my control panel, Programs and Features, and found Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable, (x64) or (x86) - 14.23.27820.  I clicked on uninstall, BUT you have an option to repair.  I selected Repair for both x64 and x86.  I had to re-start the computer, but when I did, now Photoshop started up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. The repair was the only solution I could get to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't launch InDesign on a Mac (10.15.7). I have already updated the system-software and de-installed and new-installed InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines