• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open the InDesign program in my mac.. it gives me error 1 What is this?

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got the InDesign program from the design school and when I put it in the applications folder it says that I have to uninstall it and install again, it gives me error 1. I tried to uninstall it but it says: The alias “Uninstall Adobe InDesign CS6” can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found. What does this mean? Is my mac too old? It is a Mac OS X Version 10.7.5. Could you please help me? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Code 1 discussion https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1434528

>when I put it in the applications folder

I'm on Windows, but as far as I know even Mac programs must be INSTALLED, not just "put" somewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Therefore you mean that I don't have the "complete" copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to talk to someone at your school who knows how a Mac works... but if all you were given was the program, and not the installer, I don't think what you have will ever work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines