• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't re-install or update Adobe Illustrator 2017 (Please see summary of error)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code: 145

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator21-Core', version:21.0.2.242

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator21-Core Version: 21.0.2.242). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got this when trying to install the latest update of Illustrator. And I can't even delete the 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files\Contents\Windows' folder as it is protected. I am trying to give myself administrator privileges to this folder but I'm completely locked out of it.

So then I tried to uninstall the program. It uninstalled using Windows > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs and I was able to delete the rest of the folders within 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017' but not 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

I tried to re-install but I am getting the same error message I posted above.

Please advise. Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Uninstall and use the Cleaner Tool before trying to reinstall.  Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Download/install the desktop application, sign in, install the subscription application(s).

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html

Creative Cloud for desktop

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-desktop.html

Sign out, Sign in | Creative Cloud desktop app

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I'll try that. One question though, do I have to uninstall all my installations and then re-install everything or just the CC desktop app (and not the full programs such as PS, LR, Premiere, After Effects etc...)

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines