• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Update CC Applications - Error Code 190

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a continuing problem with my Windows 10 computer. Every time I attempt to update one of my Adobe CC applications, the update fails and the get the following message:

Exit Code: 190

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Sanity check for installation failed. Current OS version 6.0.6000 doesn't satisfy OS requirements.

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 190 error message

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has happened with disappointing regularity. In the past I have called Adobe technical support and they have been able to resolve the issue. However, today they failed. I still have ticket number ADB-1066209-B2L0 open and I have been advised to speak with Microsoft technical support.

In today's episode the Adobe technicians used the Adobe cleaner and cleaned all my Adobe files. They confirmed that I have all the Windows updates and they updated all six Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 folders, (11.0.6103, 12.0.30501,14.12.25810 each in x86 and x64). All of my Adobe applications were deleted and Lr, PS and ACR were all reloaded. All will run but none of them will update using the CC interface.

Following my second call with Adobe I was able to reach a tech support person at Microsoft. She looked a few items but I was not confident that she really knew what she was looking for. At one point she started a system save point recovery but it became apparent that this was not going to work and she stopped it. She then started a synchronization (of something, I’m not sure what), which showed its progress in the CC interface. She told me this would take a long time but she would call me back. The process finished in about 45 minutes but I did not get a call back.

After waiting for two hours and not getting a call, and I had no trouble ticked number from Microsoft, I went ahead and tried to run the Adobe updater again. When I went to do this I noticed that Lr was not installed, though the Adobe tech had reinstalled it earlier in the day. I tried to use the updater to install Lr and it failed with the standard 190 error message. I tried updating PS and got the same error. I then reinstalled Lr, as the files were still in my downloads folder. Once that was done I noticed that my Lr catalog was missing from the C:/users/name/Lr folder where it is normally kept. Fortunately, I have a backup and I was able to move a copy back to the correct folder and Lr does run correctly – but not with the latest updates.

Can anyone tell me what you have to do to get around this error 190 issue so that the CC updater tool will run correctly and updates can be applied?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

OK, at last good news. I've completed the Windows 10 re-load with out applications. Upon completion of the Windows 10 load, I loaded Chrome (so I have my passwords) then downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop. Once this was installed, I used it to download Lightroom Classic CC. Lightroom loaded, so I went on to load Photoshop, which also loaded without issue. No more error 190!

Now, I need to start loading all my other applications and I suspect one of them creates the problem that leads to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're certain you have win 10, use compatibility mode (win 10) to start your cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are referring to. I certainly have Windows 10, but isn't compatibility mode designed to allow older, non Windows 10 applications to run under Windows 10? The CC interface IS designed to run under Windows 10. Why would it help to run it in compatibility mode?

How would I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have an os recognition issue: FATAL: Sanity check for installation failed. Current OS version 6.0.6000 doesn't satisfy OS requirements.

use compatibility mode to force win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not seem to work. The message "Current OS version 6.0.6000 doesn't satisfy OS requirements." is bogus. I am running Windows 10, which is what I should be running for the Adobe CC interface. Whenever the interface starts an update it does some checking and it's finding the bogus OS version somewhere in the Windows information - I have no idea where. This causes the updater to abort. I need to figure out what it is in the operating system that is putting out this bad information. I know in the past the Visual C++ files were the suspects and they had be be updated. In fact, this has worked in the past. Now, however, updating them does not stop the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

or contact the Adobe Twitter team at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly try below steps:

1. Navigate to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox
  2. Right-click on “Set-up.exe” and choose Properties.
  3. On the Compatibility tab, deselect the Run this program in compatibility mode for option.
  4. Follow the same process for "Setup.exe" present in the same folder.
  5. Restart computer and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Thanks

Cherishy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cherishy:

I followed your instructions but they made no difference. When  you say to run "in compatibility mode", what mode should I be selecting? I chose Windows 7 because I never had this problem when I was running Windows 7, but there are options going back to Windows 95. What is the correct choice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please uncheck the "Run in compatibility option". You need to disable the compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, my bad. I mis-read your step three. But, that was because the programs were never in compatibility mode. I've reset them back to not use compatibility mode and it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad:

I took up your idea and called Adobe technical support again during business hours, west coast time. I got the usual Indian help desk. The very courteous technician went through three Adobe cleanings of my computer and brought in a higher level technician who did the same thing. After two hours the problem still persisted and the technician said that he would have to stop. He did not give me a ticket number and he said that someone would be getting back to me by email. It's been two days and I've not heard anything yet. I am getting frustrated with Adobe technical support. They seem incapable of solving this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may (or may not) succeed by resetting your computer to a previous date.  you almost certainly would succeed by reformatting your c drive and then reinstalling windows and then updating windows and then installing the cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not going to do that! There must be a simple fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I called Adobe technical support again on Tuesday 2/27. I worked with a tech for two hours and made no progress. I was given a ticket number and told that my situation would be escalated. Adobe said I would be contacted on Thursday, 3/1. It's 3/5 and I've not heard anything back at all. I will be away for a few week and probably won't be home if they do call. I suppose they will close the ticket and I'll have to start over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RemoNonaz I am sorry that you continue to face Error Code 190 when applying the Adobe CC updates.  To confirm you are continuing to work with our support team under case ADB-1066209-B2L0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. I have a case number of ABD-1131085-M3W9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation,  RemoNonaz. I have confirmed that case ABD-1131085-M3W9 is open and being investigated.  Based on your previous history it looks like you have faced Error 190 since at least November 2017.  I am also showing at least one case was closed due to a lack of update.

Please bookmark View Adobe Support cases which provides details on how to update the support case at http://www.adobe.com/.  If you do not receive an e-mail notification regarding any updates then you can view the status of the support case directly.  It looks like the original case of ADB-1066209-B2L was closed because we did not receive an update.  Accessing the case directly will help make sure this does not occur in the future, RemoNonaz .

I would also recommend checking the SPAM folder on your hotmail.com e-mail account to verify you are receiving any e-mail update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the support. I will take action all of your recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, RemoNonaz.  Please don't hesitate this discussion if you face any future difficulties with your support case.  I am showing that your case ABD-1131085-M3W9 is being actively investigated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please verify that compatibility mode is disabled for below processes as well:

1. Adobe Installer.exe at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ElevationManager"

2. Adobe Desktop Service.exe at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ADS"

3. Creative Cloud.exe at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC"

Please don't skip machine restart if you modify the properties of any process.

Regards

Cherishy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cherishy:

This is what I have found:

In the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ElevationManager" there are three application files, AdobeUpdaterService, AdobeInstallerService and Adobe Installer. The first two were not in compatibility mode. The third, Adobe Installer is in compatibility mode, Vista.

The folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\ADS" has one application in it, Adobe Desktop Services and it is not in compatibility mode.

The folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC" has one application, Creative Cloud, and it is not in compatibility mode.

I'm going to send this message then change the settings in the AdobeInstallerService, reboot and come back to let you know what happens.

Homer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cherishy:

Changing the compatibility mode in the application Adobe Installer is not an option. The feature is grayed out and locked in the Windows Vista compatibility setting. I changed nothing. I did not reboot the computer.

Homer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just okay open it as win 8

go to properties then compatibility tab

and then run this program as win8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines