Exit

Can't update Creative Cloud Desktop Error 507

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently on Win10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900   

Currently on Creative Cloud 5.2.0.436

Anyway my new Camera Raw 12.3 is missing some critical functionality, like crop & rotate. I thought no problem, maybe i just need to update it via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud does say its up to date, but creative cloud is having its own issues in that it won't update / install. It gets to about 30% then fails with an error of 507, which according to Adobe Support is 

Error code 507: Unable to install the product update as the volume is offline.   

I do not have my install on a disconnected drive. 

Everything is installed on my C: drive.   Everything on my PC is working perfectly well. 

To Troubleshoot, 

I have disabled all Anti Virus and Malware applications.

I have obviously restarted during all these processes

I have used the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe to remove the Creative Cloud and re-installed the Creative Cloud, which it does.. However then when it goes to update, it just fails over and over again around the same time. 

So i'm stuck. I really rely on Adobe Camera Raw, when working in Photoshop, as i visible stamp image then make slight adjustments such as my crops in Camera Raw.  

Hopefully someone at Adobe has answers, cos the error message itself is bogus. 

(Edited By Moderator to remove attached images. See images below in a reply by the OP)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

After many, many hours on the phone with Adobe Support and finally getting engineering involved, I think I (with Adobe help) have finally solved this problem and in the end it was simple.

1. Close Creative Cloud desktop app by File > Exit Creative Cloud
  2. Search for powershell in Start Search
  3. Right click and Select Run as admin
  4. Paste this command in the powershell windows: 
    Get-AppxPackage -all AdobeNotificationClient | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUser
  5. After this is done. Try to launch Creative Cloud and updat

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is missing in ACR. It is just in a different place.

2020-07-11 10_24_32-0324.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks i realize its only when you launch into ACR.. It is not and never was present when you use CR Filter.  So that's all ok... Thanks, However, i still would like to know the reason to the Creative Cloud not updating and throwing back a bizzare error 

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a Google search on the 507 error and as the screen shot you posted it comes up when there is, or when the computer or the install program thinks there is, insufficient storage on the volume. This I would think might also come up if the file/folder/drive permissions aren't set correctly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=error+code+507&oq=error+code+507&aqs=chrome..69i57.4606j0j7&sourceid...

2020-07-12 05_01_28-error code 507 - Google Search.png

Not sure where you found that error code as I have yet to find any reference to an Adobe error code 507. The list of Adobe error codes stops at 506.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no permissions issues on my drive. I am the sole user and i have full administrative privlages. Also there is plenty of space available on my C drive where Adobe installs all its applications.  While i may not be an expert on Adobe products as in knowing all the ins and out, as Photography/ Videography is a relatively new passion, i am however a 30yr veteran and systems engineer on Windows PC's.  There is nothing wrong with my build. The only issue that i have to date on my PC, is the Creative Cloud not wanting to update itself. Nothing is showing in the event log. There is something going on, on Adobe's end, which is out of my control. 

Also i believe that error list you're looking at is out of date.  Here's their latest pull down list of errors, which can be found from here.    Eitherway, the error is inaccurate. It assumes i've installed on a drive that is no longer present, or that i do not have admin privilages.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html?product=Creative%2...

507 error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

the same over here:

Creative Cloud 5.2.0.436, Win10 64bit, Error Code 507 - volume is online, everything works fine. Except for the Creative Cloud update. Started a few days ago.

An error code with identity problems? Anyway - need an urgent solution, too!

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here as well. Everything else running fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with error code 507 relating to updating the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Creative Cloud 5.2.0.436

Win 10 Home Version 1909 Build 18363.900

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar behavior here.  You are not alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also running into the same issue. I've tried repairing CC and it just keeps failing with at 38% with an Error Code 507. I have 83 GB free on my C: drive where CC is installed. I can't imagine that's not enough space (I have deleted any files lingering in the recycle bin as well). 

Creative Cloud says I will need to have an Admin password. It never prompts me and I have tried running the program as administrator. This is not a shared computer, it is my personal device. 

Microsoft Windows 10 Education
10.0.18362 Build 18362

CC Version 5.2.0.436

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Doc, and others in this public forum discussion, Error 507 occur because the installer does not have access to the installation location.  There is no need to guess where the failure is occurring because it should be recorded within the log files.  For information on how to find fatal errors see  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-log-files.html.

For more details on Error 507 see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error507.

Our support team is also standing by to assist you with this error.  Please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html if you would like direct assistance with resolving the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my log files...  Why is it trying to write to my E: drive?   which is an SSD that i use for Premiere.  My install folders are all in their default locations.

As in 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud

NOTHING IS OFFLINE.   I'm an administrative user.. As you can see here, i can full read and write to the e: drive.

Capture1.JPG 

07/14/20 18:49:57:500 | [ERROR] | 2624 | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMUWPHelper | | HDPIM | 7632 | hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with error code 15 - OS Message: C:\adobeTemp\ETR27A9.tmp\1\Appx\AdobeNotificationClient.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d0d#@#OS_Error_String: Windows cannot install package AdobeNotificationClient_2.0.1.8_x86__enpm4xejd91yc to volume E: because the volume is offline.
07/14/20 18:49:57:500 | [ERROR] | 2624 | HDSetup | HDPIM | AddUWPAppxCommand | | HDPIM | 7632 | Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error C:\adobeTemp\ETR27A9.tmp\1\Appx\AdobeNotificationClient.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d0d#@#OS_Error_String: Windows cannot install package AdobeNotificationClient_2.0.1.8_x86__enpm4xejd91yc to volume E: because the volume is offline.
07/14/20 18:49:57:500 | [FATAL] | 2624 | HDSetup | HDPIM | InstallHelper | | HDPIM | 7632 | Error (Code = 507) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'KANC-mul', version:2.0.1.8
07/14/20 18:49:57:502 | [FATAL] | 2624 | HDSetup | HDPIM | InstallHelper | | HDPIM | 7632 | Error occurred in install of package (Name: KANC-mul Version: 2.0.1.8). Error code: '507'
07/14/20 18:49:57:830 | [INFO] | 2624 | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext | | HDSetup | 9456 | Exit Code: 507
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 507) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'KANC-mul', version:2.0.1.8
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: KANC-mul Version: 2.0.1.8). Error code: '507'
ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with error code 15 - OS Message: C:\adobeTemp\ETR27A9.tmp\1\Appx\AdobeNotificationClient.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d0d#@#OS_Error_String: Windows cannot install package AdobeNotificationClient_2.0.1.8_x86__enpm4xejd91yc to volume E: because the volume is offline.
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error C:\adobeTemp\ETR27A9.tmp\1\Appx\AdobeNotificationClient.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d0d#@#OS_Error_String: Windows cannot install package AdobeNotificationClient_2.0.1.8_x86__enpm4xejd91yc to volume E: because the volume is offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same over here - Install.log shows a problem with an external drive [in my case: D:] that definitely is online and caused no problems prior to the recent update:

---
FATAL: Error (Code = 507) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'KANC-mul', version:2.0.1.8
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: KANC-mul Version: 2.0.1.8). Error code: '507'
ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with error code 15 - OS Message: C:\adobeTemp\ETR4A7A.tmp\1\Appx\AdobeNotificationClient.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d0d#@#OS_Error_String: Das Paket "AdobeNotificationClient_2.0.1.8_x86__enpm4xejd91yc" kann von Windows nicht auf Volume "D:" installiert werden, da das Volume offline ist.
ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package with error C:\adobeTemp\ETR4A7A.tmp\1\Appx\AdobeNotificationClient.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d0d#@#OS_Error_String: Das Paket "AdobeNotificationClient_2.0.1.8_x86__enpm4xejd91yc" kann von Windows nicht auf Volume "D:" installiert werden, da das Volume offline ist.

---

Please de-bug this update! Losing integration of non-system drives would be a major setback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheDoc and Ford36, you both posted your fatal errors, they are as follows:

The Doc:

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with error code 15 - OS Message: C:\adobeTemp\ETR27A9.tmp\1\Appx\AdobeNotificationClient.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d0d#@#OS_Error_String: Windows cannot install package AdobeNotificationClient_2.0.1.8_x86__enpm4xejd91yc to volume E: because the volume is offline.

Ford36:

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with error code 15 - OS Message: C:\adobeTemp\ETR4A7A.tmp\1\Appx\AdobeNotificationClient.appx#@#OS_Error_Code: 0x80073d0d#@#OS_Error_String: Das Paket "AdobeNotificationClient_2.0.1.8_x86__enpm4xejd91yc" kann von Windows nicht auf Volume "D:" installiert werden, da das Volume offline ist.

According to the error, you both are attempting to install components on a volume that is no longer available. Please verify that you are only mounting drives that are accessible to the computer. <Directions removed since Creative Cloud desktop app does not have any control over UWP installation locations>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies a correction to the information above.  Removing and reinstalling the Creative Cloud desktop app will not change the install location for Universal Windows Platform installations.  Please use the steps listed in https://www.techjunkie.com/change-install-location-windows-10-apps/ to adjust the installation location.  The Doc and Ford36, this is where the setting is for apps to install on the unavailable E and D drive discussed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, but exactly that's the problem (and I think I may speak for TheDoc46 and others, too): Every other program (incl. Windows and all other Adobe programs) feels comfortable with a volume Creative Cloud Desktop knows nothing of ...

The 'If all else fails'-option (which a colleague of yours in the support chat suggested, too) doesn't change this strange CC Desktop behaviour a bit - 'Error code 507' remains.

Bearing in mind that everything worked fine before this very update - isn't it time to classify this misbehaviour as a BUG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Sorry - my answer above refers to your former reply.)

As for your correction: I already changed the volume there from C to D a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ford36, if you have already adjusted the installation location for Universal Windows Platform applications, then I would recommend contacting Microsoft or the Computer Manufacturer for additional troubleshooting steps.

UWP stands for the Universal Windows Platform and has been created and designed by Microsoft.  Microsoft Store applications utilize UWP to download and install the applications.  The idea was that a UWP app could be used on any copy of Windows, including the Windows Mobile/Phone OS.  More information on Universal Windows Platform apps can be found at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/get-started/universal-application-platform-guide.

UWP installations are different than installations using the Windows Installer Service.  So additional accommodations have to be made to allow UWP apps to install outside of the Microsoft Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe this is a bug on your behalf, please at least admit it and say you're looking into it.. I've shown you in previous screenshots that my E: drive which has full control for all administrative users. I am the single administrative user for this computer. I trust myself enough to not give myself a locked user you know.  You all seem fixated that we're a bunch of buffoons who do not know how to use a computer and have some unmounted drives that we're unaware of?????.  Your software for whatever reason in its latest iteration has decided to go off looking for a drive that has absolutely no relevance to its installation folder, despite all my Adobe install folders, being in their default c: drive location, and my storage settings configured at the default setting of the C: drive.   Screenshot below.. Please stop and take the time to actually read what we're writing rather than spiting a generic response that we're not mounting our drives? 

storage.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheDoc46 you are welcome to contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html to see if any additional actions can be taken to resolve the errors you are specifically encountering.

I can only tell you what the log file is stating, and provide information on the method which is being utilized for installation.  If these suggestions or not helpful to you, then please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  If chat is unavailable to you, then use a different computer, smartphone, or tablet to begin the chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Top Score! 39% (no longer 38%!!!) before installation process stops! Trending this, I might reach 100% in exactly 60 days ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here....and I know my drive is good, online and with plenty of space.....looks like a problem with Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same 507 error.  I know my drive is good, has plenty of space and is on line.  I have even uninstalled and resinstalled Creative Cloud and I still get the same error. Something is definitely wrong with Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RKentB and Macreo, if the suggestions on how to correct Universal Windows Platform installation locations do not work for you, then please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Please do update this public discussion forum if you have additional suggestions on how to correct the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines