• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you nest galleries in Adobe Portfolio?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I know there is not a dedicated group for Adobe Portfoio and I have ALL the help links ... reviewed them all but cannot find an answer.

I am trying to do a simple thing ... for most sites ... On my homepage I want to have a series of galleries say five. Each is really just a single navigation image to a subgallery that contains all content associated with #1. So, clicking on #1 image should open to a gallery that contains multiple pieces of content including videos and images. Ditto for #2, #3 etc.

The primary reason I want to do it this way is that I need each piece of content in the subgallery (each video e.g) to have it's own cover — I can't have the software determine the thumbnail (the arbitrary middle of the video).

I have spent three days trying to nest one gallery inside another but cannot find a way to do it. I've been left with a site that has five independent galleries in the Navigation and I had to select one to arbitrarily be my home page .... HELP!!!???

Thanx a bunch folks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm sorry you cannot nest Galleries.   Portfolio is really very simple.  Think of your site's landing page as one main gallery that links out to all your project pages.  Each page can contain as much material as you wish -- video, images, text, embedded widgets, etc....  A gallery is just a collection of project pages. 

Regarding video thumbnail, upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo where you can pick your own thumbnail image.  Then use the Portfolio Embed Module to bring the player code into your project page. 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036483773-Embed-module

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just to help others since this is an old question but, a workaround is:

-create a collection in Pages then put whatever sub pages you want in there

-keep the sub pages you want to be links on the front page 

-create new pages that are the ones you want to sub inside another page

-hit the cog on these pages and click "hide in navigation"

-go to the page you want to link the sub pages in

-create a button or a photo with a link to the pages you hid in the navigation with their URL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh!  Makes no sense.  Portfolio doesn't support nested pages or collections.

See Pages Explained:

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035998273-Page-types-explained

See Using Collections:

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036469173-Using-Collections

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!   Real Adobe reps never contact customers via Outlook, Gmail or Skype. Only fakes do.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

I was so excited that someone had found a work around and they offered to connect me with an Adobe CS person I just jumped at the opportunity and send a reply to sallym95629378 containing my email address.

Now that I received your warning I'm pretty sure she is not an Adobe employee. Feel so foolish.

I'll be very careful now with anything I receive from Adoble. Hope this will not compromise anything on my Adobe account or anything else, really. Normally I'm quite careful.

Any suggestions as to what I might need to do? Do you need any more info to try and identify this individual?

Thanx.

--lan--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian.  I understand your concerns.  Don't worry.  I've already reported the Adobe imposter and moved their post to a holding area until their ID is deactivated.  Just be careful who you reply to from public forums.  No staff badge means they're not Adobe employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that's a nice workaround, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines