• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancel subscription with special right of cancellation due to the Corona crisis possible?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I cancel my CC subscription now I have to pay an extra 208 euros. This is more than three months payment. So canceling due to lack of work due to the Corona crisis is even more expensive than leaving the subscription running.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

If you ask, they give you 2 months of your active subscriotion for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

I think if you politely state your situation, and I am sure that the vast majority of us is in this situation in which customers only pay for the absolute necessary—which a rebranding or new corporate stationery and such isn't—, they are called upon to do this as a courtesy. I don’t think they necessarly have to though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Get Started forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ask, they give you 2 months of your active subscriotion for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they don't. That "free two months" is a customer retention policy and is offered if you cancel at the END of your current subscription and requires that you resubscribe for an additional year.

I understand there are quite a few sites out there claiming that Adobe is giving people 2 free months, but this is a gross misunderstanding of the actual policy.

Adobe may or may not change their minds about offering fee waivers for individuals and businesses. They have a web page set up where they are providing information on their COVID-19 policies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, they just did. If you ask, they reduce the costs of the subscription for two rounds to 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then that's news that hasn't been provided to those of us who volunteer.

Did you tell them you were canceling your subscription, or did you ask for a break because COVID-19 related issues were cutting your income, or what? Be nice to know so we can all provide the correct information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you politely state your situation, and I am sure that the vast majority of us is in this situation in which customers only pay for the absolute necessary—which a rebranding or new corporate stationery and such isn't—, they are called upon to do this as a courtesy. I don’t think they necessarly have to though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum.

You will need to go to Adobe Customer Service for that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede...

Chat and Agent Larger.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you can contact customer care and see if you can get a break on the fees. I'm seeing other posts where this is happening, so it can't hurt to ask.

Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

Be aware that wait times are going to be long. Like all other businesses, Adobe is seeing a decrease in the number of employees available to work because of restrictions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that is probably what happened. They give you a 2-month break from payment. Or differently said: 2 free months. In fact I did not wait long, but I didn't use phone support but chat. That might speed up waiting and processing customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines