Highlighted

Canceled a Year's Pre-Paid Photograph Plan

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Photoshop customer since 3.0 and a Lightroom customer since 1.0.   After spending countless days and weeks trying to work with the latest changes, its become really apparent Adobe simply is not interested in the professional market any longer.    I don't mind paying for services, and as a professional I invest large amounts of money in both software and hardware.   The problem is Adobe simply isn't addressing my needs anymore:

1. They are forcing me to choose between online backups with almost no editing capabilities, with no online backups and the latest editing.   When tech support told me that I'd been syncing Lightroom for a couple of years now but it wasn't actually backing up my files I was incredulous.  Why the &@(#&# hell would they do that?   The most important assets I have are my pictures, and there is zero utility in backing up phone-sized versions of the pictures that I use to earn a living.  It never occurred to me that Adobe would screw me over so badly.

2. The branding clusterf*ck that is Lightroom.  I now have THREE different versions of essentially the same software installed, and practically no one can explain why.   Adobe just lost me countless hours of screwing around for no apparent reason I can discern.  

3. There is no future at Adobe for professionals.  As far as I can all of the new features and services for the company are oriented towards social media.  That's fine, but that means I need to find a company that caters to professionals.  

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Canceled a Year's Pre-Paid Photograph Plan

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Photoshop customer since 3.0 and a Lightroom customer since 1.0.   After spending countless days and weeks trying to work with the latest changes, its become really apparent Adobe simply is not interested in the professional market any longer.    I don't mind paying for services, and as a professional I invest large amounts of money in both software and hardware.   The problem is Adobe simply isn't addressing my needs anymore:

1. They are forcing me to choose between online backups with almost no editing capabilities, with no online backups and the latest editing.   When tech support told me that I'd been syncing Lightroom for a couple of years now but it wasn't actually backing up my files I was incredulous.  Why the &@(#&# hell would they do that?   The most important assets I have are my pictures, and there is zero utility in backing up phone-sized versions of the pictures that I use to earn a living.  It never occurred to me that Adobe would screw me over so badly.

2. The branding clusterf*ck that is Lightroom.  I now have THREE different versions of essentially the same software installed, and practically no one can explain why.   Adobe just lost me countless hours of screwing around for no apparent reason I can discern.  

3. There is no future at Adobe for professionals.  As far as I can all of the new features and services for the company are oriented towards social media.  That's fine, but that means I need to find a company that caters to professionals.  

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?