Cancellation fees! Deeply Misleading.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a question. Just wanted to say that I don't really mind being charged a cancellation fee as long as it is EXPLICITLY acknowledged at the outset. Currently it's buried in the TOS and frankly everyone who built the system and everyone who uses it KNOW that this information is that which every user who is choosing between a yearly subscription and month to month.

I'll say it again: I understand that Adobe makes plans around revenue which yearly subscribers have committed to paying. That said, I would have chosen differently had it been explicitly acknowledged at the outset. 

They also know that no one has the luxury of being able to page through their 600 page TOS over a glass of wine.

Adobe knows this and I know this. Frankly this (as well as the total lack of human interaction in tech support) has really made me hate the company. And yes, a company with revenue in the BILLIONS can afford to waive it. They're milking people by intentionally misleading them and I hope to god someone sets up a class action lawsuit. Just saying.

Don't bother replying to my post as I'm venting and I have no interest in hearing about how I should have spent several hours of my life reading the TOS.

TOPICS
Activation, Feature request, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021
Hi Ben, It's not 600 pages, and it doesn't take hours to read... For each type of subscription, it's just 4-5 short paragraphs: https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html Sorry if it wasn't clearer when you signed up. This is what it looks like: Clicking on "Subscription and Cancellation Terms" right before "Agree and subscribe" will pop up the exact relevant terms (those 4-5 short paragraphs) for the subscription being purchased.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

It's not 600 pages, and it doesn't take hours to read... For each type of subscription, it's just 4-5 short paragraphs:

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

Sorry if it wasn't clearer when you signed up. This is what it looks like:

creative cloud subscription and cancellation terms.png

Clicking on "Subscription and Cancellation Terms" right before "Agree and subscribe" will pop up the exact relevant terms (those 4-5 short paragraphs) for the subscription being purchased.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Annual mean?  1 year or 12 months, right. Nobody needs to go to law school to understand what Annual means.   If you had joined the costlier Monthly plan, you could quit whenever you want without a fee. So you pay a little more now or you pay a little more later.  In the end, it likely works about the same.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> "So you pay a little more now or you pay a little more later. In the end, it likely works about the same."

Did the math, and the breakeven point between the two options works out to be at the six-month mark:

Creative Cloud Annual vs. Monthly Plan: Which Should You Choose?

So less than that, go month-to-month.  More than that, go annual.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines