• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download Creative Cloud or Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have paid for Photography plan (20GB) for 18 months but have been too busy to download any of the apps. So I have none of the apps on my HP desktop. When I try and download Creative Clound or Lightroom the screen tells me that it is loading the apps and then goes into an endless rotating circle. The system tells me to restart my computer and download again, which I do with the same result.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install the cc desktop app from here https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

p.s. if you have trouble downloading, clear your browser's cache, try another browser or use the alternate links at the bottom of the above page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice. I followed the links which failed. I cleared my Chrome cache without success. I cleared my Edge cache without success. I then tried loading it on my laptop and that was successful so it appears that the problem is related to my desktop. I did notice that the laptop procedure asked me to login whereas the desktop procedure did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with your desktop use the alternate link at the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used the normal download link way of installing, plus used your alternative Windows link, plus emptied  browser cache, all to no avail. I have also tried using a differnt browser. Lastly, i tried to delete the cloud cache folder, but that did not exsist anyway. 

All that happens is Creative Cloud starts but then gives the blue error saying its taken too long. I used the Adobe Cloud uninstaller and that said it had removed it "with errors" but didnt say what those errors were.

At no point has Adobe Cloud asked for my login details.

I have completed this process on my other computer without errors.

Also suspended my firewall to see if that made any difference, but it did not.

Clearly I have a machine specific problem. Please advise how I should proceed or i shall have to cancel my subcrition as this is my main computer on wghich I need to work on my photos.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow each step that's applicable:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything you suggest.

Uninstalled every CC App - there were none because CC has never downloaded Apps

Uninstalled CC Desktop

When I uninstall CC I get this message:

'Uninstallation of Creative cloud completed with errors'

Used the cleanertool app

Update my Windows 10

Restarted the computer

Opened my account in Adobe

Downloaded CC which then tried to download the apps with out success

When I closed the Apps download screen there was a message that said

'Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However it is missing or damaged. Please download and install a new copy of Creative Cloud from ......'

Where do I go from here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)

png.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines