• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Install LR 6

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded LR6 (standalone) to a second laptop and installed it. I downloaded it from the UK site, but I am in Spain, and the program is installing in Spanish with no language option that I could see. I can understand only some of the installation text.

I was asked to input the product serial number, which I did. It was accepted as valid, but stated that the product could not be detected on the laptop. It offered me a dropdown list of LR versions 1 to 5 to choose from, which are obviously not useful.

The serial number is correct for my copy of LR6 and that is the download I have chosen from the website.

Any idea as to why Adobe isn´t matching the serial number to the product?

Any idea how I can change the language to English?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Normally you don't need install a previous version if you install a update version. On activation you have to enter the serial number. Is this number detected as an update and no previous version is installed you have to enter the serialnumber of a previous version.

Here you can download the installation file which supports all languages.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Here you'll find several links to download older version:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478?page=1#M166919

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I figured out that I cannot install LR6 directly because it was an upgrade from LR4, and I need to download the original version and perform the upgrade process, but there is no longer a download available for LR4 in my account; the link directs me to a 404 page.

How do I proceed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you don't need install a previous version if you install a update version. On activation you have to enter the serial number. Is this number detected as an update and no previous version is installed you have to enter the serialnumber of a previous version.

Here you can download the installation file which supports all languages.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Here you'll find several links to download older version:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478?pag...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great Axel!!! Thanks very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines