• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install to a Case Sensitive Drive - UNACCEPTABLE - this 2020 and is a macOS standard.

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have a new MacBook Pro, with the root volume formatted as case-sensitive. This is an OS option, and required for my work. I can easily create a case-insensitive volume specifically for (apparently Antiquated) Adobe Acrobat DC / Creative Cloud and did so.  But the installer insists that the boot/root volume must also be so formatted. 

This is unacceptable.  This is not a feature of your software, this is a bug, which prevents paying customers from installing your software, requiring that they modify their systems to even attempt do so. That lack of compatibility with a years-old standard should not be tolerated by the Software Engineering management. 

I was an Adobe software engineer following their acquisition of Frame Technology in 1996 through 2010. I proudly worked on server-side enterprise products as well being on the team that first stood-up Acrobat.com and on Acrobat plug-ins in the Adobe Advanced Technology Labs. In my tenure I worked on Builds, Release and Installers.  This incompatibility would never have been tolerated in my tenure.  What has happened, Adobe?   

I am obliged to cancel my subscriptions as YOU have made YOUR software UNUSABLE to someone who WANTS TO PAY YOU.

TOPICS
Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should know this is a user-to-user community.  Adobe engineers don't lurk here.  Please submit a Bug/Feature request where the concerned team will see it. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Happy Windows user,

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Csmarkham, please follow the link offered by Nancy to place your request for this feature.  

Creative Suite and now Creative Cloud versions of our applications have never supported case-sensitive file systems.  As you are aware you will need to install on a drive that is non-case sensitive and that installation must also include the operating system.  You can find information on this limitation at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-case-sensitive-drives-supported.html.

Please place your request at https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html as suggested by Nancy.  

It is a major undertaking to rewrite the applications to support a case-sensitive file system, so please make sure to include complete information on why you are unable to use a non-case sensitive file system.  Any details such as applications or services that require this configuration would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines