• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open After Effects and other Apps

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open After Effects, XD, Lightroom, Premeire Rush, Fresco, Lightroom Classic, Animate, Character Animator, Audition, or Prelude.

My system meets all requirements in addition to having the latest version of Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752)

I have restarted PC, and updated all apps that can be updated manually.  CC says its running in Compatability Mode even though when checking properties, the "Run in Compatability Mode" box is unchecked.  Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and a few others will open and can be updated. 

I've not found a specific solution that has helped here on the forums, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have Win Version 1901I have Win Version 1901

CC Screen.jpgsysinfosss.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some CC programs will not open or update at all while others operate just fine.  

sysinfosss.jpgCC Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Windows 1909 (OS Build 18363.752) 64 Home edition and I cannot open After Effects and several other apps.  My PC meets all minimum hardware requirements.  Intel i7, 24GB RAM, 2TB HD

Photoshop, Illustrator and a few others open without issue, but when I try the others marked in CC as "Not Compatible" it says I need to update to the min version Win 1803.  I have restarted, clean installed, installed latest version of Windows, NVIDIA drivers and using an Administrator account.  CC notes I am in "Compatability Mode" but when I manually navigate to preferences the "Run Compatability Mode" box is unchecked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Untitled-1.jpgCC Screen.jpgsysinfosss.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Disco209, please make sure to turn off compatibility mode for the Creative Cloud desktop app.  For more information on how to make this change under Windows 10 see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-10-make-older-apps-or-programs-compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines