• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot rename opm.db as described in "Apps panel doesn't show installed Creative Cloud apps"

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wich to uninstall and reinstall apps in order to change language of the apps. 

However,  In the apps tab of the Creative Cloud desktop app, applications are not listed as installed (photoshop, indesign, illustrator), so I cannor choose 'uninstall'.

Therefore I am following the guide https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/apps-panel-reflect-creative-cloud.html - but I am unable to rename the file opm.db, because I get an warning, that it is in use by Creative cloud. I dont understand this. I have succefully followed step 1 and 2 ind the guide, and believe that I have closed down everything regarding adobe. Do I need to stop some additional program, that I am unaware of, to be able to rename the file?

Or, can I skip all of this and uninstall the apps using control panel (as I would, if I was uninstalling any other app/programme)? 

Any help is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me move this to the Get Started forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines