• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update to XD 29

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update from XD 28 to XD 29 or the clean install of XD 29 fails with Creative Cloud Desktop.
It simply stops at random % (between 50 and 90) and never finishes.

I restarted my Win10 several times and retried - same result.
I tried to deinstall it with Creative Cloud Desktop. Failed without error messaged (never stopped deinstalling)
I deinstalled it with the cleaner tool.
Now I was not able to Install XD 28 or XD 29 (same problem).
Then I tried to install XD 29 directly from the files in the adobeTemp directory (SparklerApp.appx) - stops always at 10% (never finishes)
But I was able to reinstall XD 28 from the adobeTemp directory (unluckily all the co-shared-documents from others are meanwhile XD29-version, so I still cannot work)
XD 29 from the adobeTemp directory tries to update and fails again at 10% (never finishes)

I cannot find any evidence of an install in adobegc.log or PDApp.log in the windows temp directory
I am not aware of any other logfile done while the installation, to find out whats happening
Meanwhile I also reinstalled the Windows App Installer - no change.

I tried to installed the dependencies from the adobeTemp directory and realized that 
Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.Desktop.appx fails to install because a newer version of the UWP Desktop Runtime Package is already installed (I have 27810 and 27629 installed). Adobe wants to install 27323.
I cannot say if this is the reason for not suceeding. And I am not aware of deinstalling of other Runtime Packages (beside it should not be a problem when different versions are installed).

Other adobe software install and update successfully via Creative Cloud Desktop (5.1.0.407)
Windows 10 is up to date (1909, Build 18363.836)
I have administrative rights
I also deactivated Window Security. Other virus scanner or similiar are not installed.

help is appreciated

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

XD 29 and XD 30 did not help
but XD 31 was able to install

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD 29 and XD 30 did not help
but XD 31 was able to install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines