• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capabilities [Unable to install Cloud apps on ARM-based Surface Pro X]

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've recently bought the Microsoft Pro x but I can't get any of the apps I use for Photography work. Anyone purchased one yet? If so did you manage to solve this issue? 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused... what is "Microsoft Pro x" and what does that have to do with Adobe software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T, Microsoft Surface Pro X. Uses an ARM processor, not Intel. Emulates support for 32-bit Intel apps only. Hence useless for CC, since they followed Microsoft's recommendations to go 64-bit. I can't think of a more classic example of shooting onesself in the foot than Microsoft's release of this computer line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>>I can't think of a more classic example of shooting onesself in the foot than Microsoft's release of this computer line.

Agreed. Destined to fail was the first thing that crossed my mind when I read about it. Maybe Microsoft think they're pioneering a new style of computing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a suitable computer, because it cannot run the 64-bit apps thst are used mainly today. Microsoft have said they are working on it, but they have been for over a year; don't hold your breath. More details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/surface-pro-arm-app-performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: to run many Creative Cloud apps you need a powerful graphics card, so an ordinary tablet just won't do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Microsoft Pro x

Do you mean the Surface Pro X? That's ARM-based so it will not run Adobe 64 bit Cloud apps yet.

Always good to check if new computers/tablets will run your favourite apps before you purchase. It's not always obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines