• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina: New installation of Bridge and LR Classic don't start

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new MacBook Pro with OS Catalina. Nearly no software installed yet. 

Installed CC, LR, LR Classic, those worked. (always speaking about the latest available version if not stated differently). 

Installed Bridge:  Crashed immediately. 

Tried to deinstall and install earlier version of Bridge. Bridge still crashes. 

Installed LR Classic again: Now this program won't start neither. It shows the splash screen and after that NOTHING happens. 

Tried to deinstall all applications, installed bridge, still crashes on startup. 

Installed LR Classic, still nothing after Splash screen. 

Well can anybody help me? What should I try? I can provide the crash protocol. Bridge currently is most important for me. Photoshop runs. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for helping. 

I followed the instructions started bridge with the key combinations, got the dialog to reset which I did. But after this Bridge again crashed from the beginning. Tried it many times. 

All the other instructions of the hepl article apply only after starting bridge, they have to be performed from within Bridge, so I cannot do them . 

Is there anything that I can do from outside Bridge to help it to start again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Adobe cleaner. Remove all the CC apps from there.

Once every app setting and files are removed, install the CC again.

This ought to help you.

Because Adobe cleaner removes all the traces of CC from your device.

And then installing the CC means that you are installing everything afresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did. Unfortunately it didn't help. I have deinstalled everything and installed CC and then Lightroom Classic. Same result. Well at least Bridge didn't run from the beginning (Lightroom Classic did at first). So I have a new machine with a virgine installation of the operating system and install the latest version of CC and the applications that I need most don't work. I just don't know what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines