• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina Upgrade: REPURCHASE APPS?

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So I'm a little confused and very much ticked off. My MacBook installed the new Catalina OS last night and now my Adobe Creative Suite won't work. The only app that still funcitons is LightRoom. However, when I click on the app it redirects me to this page, 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

It states the obvious, that the OS no longer supports my old software. But it also says that I can download a 64 bit version of the software that will work. However, this link does not give me the option to "download" a 64 bit version, unless of course I pay for a new version. I'm not interested in purchasing my software a again, I'm interested in getting my exisitng software to work.

What do I do? How do I find the 64 bit version of my Creative Suite?

-Rick

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

There is no 64-bit version of CS.  And there never will be.  CS is unsupported software.  You use it at your own risk.  

I think your best option is to revert back to your old OS and stay there forever so you can keep using your legacy CS products. Another option is a virtual machine or 2nd computer with the older OS. 

https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina

Or start budgeting now for modern software that can run on Catalina. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 64-bit version of CS.  And there never will be.  CS is unsupported software.  You use it at your own risk.  

I think your best option is to revert back to your old OS and stay there forever so you can keep using your legacy CS products. Another option is a virtual machine or 2nd computer with the older OS. 

https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina

Or start budgeting now for modern software that can run on Catalina. 

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had somebody coming to revert my computer back to Mojave so I could use CS6 again but I'm now in a 12 week lock down due to Coronavirus and I have to either figure out how to do it myself or go down the CC route. I have been advised it's not an easy process and don't want to risk not being able to use the Mac to communicate with the outside world. 

I use Nik Effects Pro a lot in editing and don't want to lose it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try this? Apple says it will install the macOS that came with your Mac at purchase.

Restart Mac and hold Shift-Option-⌘-R on boot.

Or watch this step-by-step YouTube video.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

However, this link does not give me the option to "download" a 64 bit version, unless of course I pay for a new version. I'm not interested in purchasing my software a again, I'm interested in getting my existing software to work.

What do I do? How do I find the 64 bit version of my Creative Suite?

End Quote:

Then maybe you shouldn't of allowed Apple to Upgrade your Mac without Express Consent from you.

And known the pitfalls of doing that upgrade.

You need to take some personal responsibility for this.

How do you remedy this? You Wipe your Mac hard drive and reinstall the older version of OS X and then reinstall your older software. Or if you have actually used some type of backup system Reload the most recent backup to go back to a previous version of OS X and all your older programs and files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... I was afraid of that. The problem is that I don't use the software enought to pay for a the monthy creative cloud and was hoping to avoid downgrading. I never thought about runing a virtual machine and might consider that. thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines