Since doing that all my Adobe apps are very slow to open

They worked fine before

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 113 Replies 113
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer and retry.

if the problem remains, using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the same thing. Mostly Illustrator and Indesign are performing super slow. Indesign especially takes about 1 minute to be able to edit a block of text when 1st opening. after that it performs fine.

Illustrator is constantly having 'preview' problems after a bit of usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here my illustrator is appaling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I've esperienced the smae thing I think maybe I should delete more app frome computer 

But i just don't know I've been waiting for liek 7 minutes for Illustrator to come up

Works fin on Surface pro though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Actually all of CC 2019 is slow. Acrobat is ridiculous and constantly hangs, but to be fair that's been doing that for years now. Piece of junk. InDesign takes ages to open and edit a file and constantly is asking me about colour profiles. Colour profiles don't stick. Workspaces don't stick. Output to PDF takes ages. Illustrator is the same and all of the apps keep hanging and then become unresponsive. Worst update EVER!

I expect much better than this from Adobe and I did a complete clean install on a new clean OS with no applications on it so there's nothing hanging over from previous versions so I'd be interested to see what excuse they come up with this time. Not like they've not had a whole year since the last major upgrade to get this right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't even get me started on Acrobat DC!

Good to know I was going to do a clean install of my OS but if yours is hanging on a clean install I'll give it a miss and just reinstall 2018 CC which was smooth as.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of Adobe CC 2019 is a bag of sh*t. I have no idea how they think they can be a world leader in design and production software and have the gall to put this out there. Oh and don't even mention how it likes to suck the memory out of your machine faster than you can believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's awful and littered with issues!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's due to the new Font management, preview and stuff……… Be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be patient??? Our clients aren't patient..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. This update was a huge mistake for my department. Incredibly buggy — as though Adobe found some developers from Corel to redo everything in 1996 fashion. I can't even resize the window in Illustrator by dragging the handle in the lower right corner without it going out of control. In Photoshop, I can't see the selection when I use the free transform too. And with InDesign, it's the usual crap with loading and reloading linked images, stalls, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the issues I have with each application

Acrobat DC

• slow opening up
  • constantly hangs
  • slow to view notes

InDesign

• takes ages to load up
  • slow to open a file
  • slow to close a file
  • slow to see an image in the window
  • slow to edit a file
  • slow to go to pages
  • constant reminder when opening a file about colours and colour profiles don't stick
  • Workspaces don't stick except when you click on something that supposed to be in the right hand menu, then they all appear
  • Hangs... a lot and have to force quite

Photoshop

• Funnily enough pretty good and no major issues

Illustrator

• slow to open
  • slow to edit files
  • slow to do anything at all
  • colour profiles also don't stick
  • Hangs... a lot and have to force quite

How about Adobe??? Not much really right. Just the whole damned applications. Want me to continue paying my 12 grand a year then get your sh*t together and put out solid and stable applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my experience in a nutshell! thus far with CC 2019. Same with photoshop - It seems to be the best of the bunch. but still slightly slower than 2018. I wonder if it's the 'improvements' to jamming typekit fonts into all the menus?

And the memory on my computer is draining soooooo fast as well! It's unbearable... mostly in illustrator I have found! I'm constantly having to Free up memory to get it back to a usable state!

Hopefully an update is 'around the corner'... (probably March!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator and InDesign are so slow its crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing all of the same issues! The color one is a problem. I must reconfigure

the color settings every time I open a document!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently (4 months ago) upgraded from Indesign and Photoshop CS4. My productivity level has dropped significantly since then. I publish a car magazine twice monthly and the process of exporting each page to a pdf takes me 1-2 HOURS MORE now! The crazy and very frustrating part is that I was working on my 10 year old MacBook Pro laptop using CS4 and it worked great. After 10 years of refusing to "upgrade my experience/OS/design software" (because there is always some major headache involved), I was finally to the point of stuff not working anymore because of lack of support. So I bought a much more powerful iMac with 16GB of ram (2X more than on my previous laptop) thinking that would be sufficient. I was wrong. Now my new computer, with all new software has me missing deadlines because the software lags soooo much...

Photoshop CC 2019:

I had to recreate each Photoshop file by dragging each layer from the CS4 file to the new CC 2019 file. If I didn't do this, my file sizes were 2X the original file size. I learned this had something to do with duplicate Meta Data or some bullcrap. Anyway, I spent hours recreating all of my old files to get them to be the size they are supposed to be. One annoying problem solved after much extra and unnecessary work.

For some of my files, I do text layout in Photoshop as well as background design. I can't do that anymore in Photoshop CC 2019 because the program lags too much when I use even 10-20 text boxes with 20 word descriptions.

Indesign CC 2019:

My layout files usually contain 40-56 pages. Nothing too crazy. Each page contains a background Tiff file with Indesign text overlay. As I start compiling my main layout file, I get to about page 10-15 before things really start to slow down and I start getting the Pinwheel of Death. By page 20 I have to wait 10-30 seconds extra per page while the program thinks it's way through each tedious action. This is with display performance at Normal. On my old laptop with CS4, I was able to have the display performance set to High.

As I compile my main layout file, Indesign now suddenly quits 1-3 times during the process. Luckily, the recovery process is the one thing they seem to have right, as I haven't lost any work yet. Still, the program never quit unexpectedly before and I don't see why it should now.

I think Adobe has lost their vision and are trying to pack too much unnecessary functionality into their products to justify upgrading. The problem is that they are breaking the software. I wish I could go back to my old CS4 and get my workflow back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your performance issue must lie in your workflow. I can compose a 80 pages annual report (I have to admit, not all page is heavily loaded with graphics) without a hassle. Same for graphics intensive brochures of 20-40 pages.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow is the same as it has been for the last 10 years. The only change is an "Upgraded" computer, and "Upgraded" software. I am doing the same workflow that my 10 year old MacBook Pro laptop and CS4 suite handled great. That's my point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive contacted support but as yet no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah good luck with that! You'll just get the standard automated robotic reply from them. Adobe has turned in to Quark. Arrogant for one thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ended up being told to revert back to 2018. I have its better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea. C'mon guys. This is really, really bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same old shit from Adobe I'm afraid. Every time they do a major update they screw it up. Their answer is to just revert back to the older version. Not helpful. I'd rather wait an extra month and get a solid, stable and finished release rather than the hunk of junk they put out and then fix several months later.  What I think makes it worse is they bury their head in the sand and don't even acknowledge they screwed up. God forbid they do that, hence my statement saying they're turning or have turned in to Quark who used to do this and look where they are now!

I've actually been looking at replacements for Adobe and I'm contemplating not renewing next year. Fed up of the same old hassle for the last, let me think now, 15 odd years I've been a customer. There's some really good alternatives and way way cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is running slow and acting terrible. 

None of my PS actions are working properly.

I did a complete edit and saved as Tif as usual to LR and received a bunch of error

and all my edits disappeared on the tif image.  I’m banging my head on the

wall trying to edit my professional images! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines