Since doing that all my Adobe apps are very slow to open

They worked fine before

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 113 Replies 113
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downgrade to CC18. Even I was having slow down problems with CC19. It's quite buggy for now. I'm sure Adobe will fix this in the coming updates but for now it's better to use CC18. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing.  LR only opens in 2019 but I open them manually in 2018 for now.

I’m shocked how poorly 2019 is handling content aware and 2018 is doing great.  All settings exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know but apparently according to ANY Adobe representatives on these forums it our machines nothing to to with them - it’s actually all our fault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are we talking Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it’s a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been on with Adobe today. Turn off the GPU in the preferences / performance. Big difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ,

If you do a search for slowness on Illustrator, you will find that there are problems on any version. All that to say that the slowness you are experiencing are not absolutely related to the new version and so it can come:

- From the windows or mac session> Test a new session to compare the operation of the software on a new session.

- From GPU -> Update graphics card or disable GPU to test

- Font Explorer> If you have a one , check if it is compatible with the new version of Adobe.

- Plugin -> Check that the plugins you have are compatible with the new version of Adobe

- Graphics tablet -> Check that the drivers are compatible with the new version of Adobe

For Illustrator, there is a Hotfix released, try to install it:

Adobe Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2019 is garbage.

Illustrator was fine for a few days, then started crashing, and now won't even launch. While it was working, I was getting "out of memory" dialog boxes, and it never recognized my extensive Suitcase font-activation plug-in. Unusable. Went back to 2018.

InDesign was ok at first, but then I noticed a stutter when loading the font menu. that became an inability to select a font without it returning to the top of the menu. After that, every single thing I tried to do resulted in a spinning beachball. Unusable. Went back to 2018.

Photoshop so far seems ok, but I am waiting for that to change like the others.

Seriously, what a piece of trash release. It's barely a BETA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the Hotfix did absolutely nothing for Illustrator. In fact, it made it worse, so it wouldn't even launch.

Garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that worked for me.

I gave up on finding fixes and used Creative Cloud manager to uninstall the CC2019 versions of illustrator and Indd and reinstall the 2018 versions.

After a restart, I had none of the issues with 2018 CC that I had with 2019.

The files that would previously take me 10 sec to select an item were back to working quickly, no memory issues and no crashes.

Just remember to save any files down for compatibility if you are using 2019 unique tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same solution I used! I'll wait until they release a master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I QUIT Adobe CC Cloud, my computer started working normally. Why is this???

(Only using simultaneously Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and AcrobatProDC) I have to use them all at same time.. in order to function... for projects.

Of course, this disables my fonts, etc. 😞 So I think the problem is not just the software.. but being connected to Adobe CC Cloud, constantly being connected, seems to be a problem to me...

I have an imac late 2015.. Is this the reason why? If I don't have the latest computer, CC cloud doesn't work properly? What are the expectations on CC cloud end for computer compatability? 

Processor: 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7   Memory: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Graphics:  Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

I do not have a T1 Line, but do have cable connected wifi. And have had no issues of speed until this latest update. The wheel is a goin' constantly.. I can not work.. at all... cutting down my production in half.

I will downgrade cloud and see if this works.. but I am not convinced it is the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experiences here - both Photoshop and Illustrator are noticeably slower and lag like crazy especially when working with text. Atrocious release, rolled back to 2018 after a long night of frustration.

Hope they fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the solutions I found that stopped the lag in 2019.  All changes to preferences. First, check the frequency of auto save.  Mine was set to autosave every 2 minutes for heavens sake.  The attempts to autosave was interfering with the new work.  I changed to auto save to every half hour.

Next, turn off the new home page, and check the legacy home page.  Turn of the tool tips and those god awful built in tutorials, last and probably least, reduce the number of previous projects shown at start up from 20 to about 3.  Voila! I am working fast again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, srjanssen! I found them very helpful. Here is a list of others, along with some fairly in-depth insight into how effective, or necessary/unnecessary some preference tweaks may be, depending on your needs.

Optimize performance Photoshop CC

I am curious though... was your "autosave every 2 minutes" a typo? The lowest option in the drop-down selection available to me is 5 minutes, with default being 10 minutes. I'm on Mac. Perhaps it's a Windows thing?

[Edit: I realized after posting that you may be referencing a different CC application, whereas my reply is specific to Photoshop. Haven't went through tweaking any others just yet.]

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, very helpful! Tbh I was septic but this was way more efficient than the official recommandations! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on an iMac Pro running Mojave so was a little suprised to be finding that inDesign cc19 was really stuttery. I've not noticed any issues in other packages. Having read quite a few of the comments here - and srjanssen helpful hint were great - there is one I don't think that has been mentioned which helped. This is only with regard to indesign but would expect Illustrator to be similarly effected. If you go to inDesign preferences > GPU perfomance > and turn of animated zoom. This instantly helped. Even though the majority of the time I'm not zooming in or out it actually stopped the stuttering that I was experiencing at every move of text or other items. Hope that helps somone out there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still interested to hear if you are on MAC or PC and how old you machines/GPU's are - this could be part of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm managing the Mac-Clients from my Graphic-Design Team …
the issue with a very slow Illustrator performance (e.g. error messages: can't finish previewing, No more RAM-Memory left etc…) appears on every machine:

iMac 5K, 27-inch, 2017 (3x machines, all with same issue)
macOS 10.12.6 - HighSierra (Build: 17G3025)

3,4GHz Intel i5

32GB RAM
GPU: Radeon Pro 570 4096 MB

macbook pro 15"; mid 2014: (2x machines)

macOS 10.14. Mojave (Build (18A391)

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

GPU: nVidia GeForce GT750M 2048MB + Intel Iris Pro GPU 1536MB VRAM

Turning of the GPU-Acceleration has not helped …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on one of the latest Dell Machines ( I got it about 5 months ago) 1TB solid state hard drive. 64GB RAM. Adobe CC 2019 is running incredibly slowly since I installed all the programmes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2019 is running WAY slower than before the update.  I'm using a current model, best-GPU-option 5K iMac.  It ain't the computer - everything else works great and it worked fine before the update.  Good luck with Adobe "Customer Support", it is abominable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the very same problems as everyone else. InDesign is slow as hell. Get the software right before releasing it. Will you give us a free subscription until the issues get sorted? Its costing people time & money. I bet not!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed! where is the free subscription - it is causing me so much wasted time - and longer hours and frustration..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to 2018 versions. It's always wise to do small test before upgrading.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue wit Illustrator but not Photoshop. In fact I just formatted my MacBook Pro 15" 2017.

The simplest of documents are taking ages to save and process. Really hope they fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines