Since doing that all my Adobe apps are very slow to open

They worked fine before

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 113 Replies 113
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning Mac OS Dictation off solved this instantly for me. See Illustrator unusably slow and laggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the CC Manager to un-install all the 2019 Apps then re-install the 2018 ones until Adobe sort out the bugs.  My system now running as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually use CANVA!!!! as my apps are so slow!!! terrible service from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does this have to be Adobe's fault?

Did you check all other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, this major problem is still not fixed as far as I can tell

CC had rendered my MacBook almost unusable no matter what I tried. Once I uninstalled CC, performance of my Mac returned to normal.

Thank goodness I no longer need to use Adobe apps on a regular basis.

Very poor show, Adobe. You've managed to alienate a diehard fan who had been using your software for decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverted back to 2018.

2019s are funky. Same behavior as what's already been mentioned and then some. Even double-clicking an Ai file opens up in Acrobat DC and/or Photoshop. Strange. Even with GPU off.

Hope Adobe makes an announcement once all these are dealt with. Not that I always need the latest version, but I am paying for my subscription. Do the 2019s have a minimum hardware requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to roll back to Premiere Pro 2018. 2019 was unusable. I saw a new update today 11/5. Tried it before deciding to roll back. No help.

PS seems OK and has some neat new stuff. I haven't needed to use AI.

Adobe QA ... not so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  I have a 2011 iMac that I rigged a 500GB SSD behind the optical drive to run my operating system on.  It's been wildly slow recently so I did a hard clean and started it off fresh.  Photoshop was TERRIBLE, every action was taking 5-10 seconds to process.  I uninstalled version v20 of photoshop and went back to v19.1.6 and POOF!  Everything is back to normal.  I feel like my computer as a whole is faster too!  wow....I'm surprised Adobe allowed this release to be honest.  I was a week away from buying a whole new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw this on NoFilmSchool...

How You Can Influence the Future of Premiere Pro

https://nofilmschool.com/2018/05/what-future-premiere-pro

Answer: MAKE IT WORK!!!!!!

User since 2010 and this is the WORST update ever.

totally useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working correctly since yesterdays update. Thanks, Adobe for listening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just updated and honestly, i regret it. it's so glitchy and it can't even preview or ram quickly like it used to. i have tried a lot of things like pressing zero and stuff but it isn't working. i'm pretty annoyed.

i have a mac and i updated to 2019 just a few mins. ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Designer wasting time and money, waiting for Indesign 2019 to work. I have no idea what happened but after I "upgrade" to 2019 my Indesign is useless. Everything else I use (PS,AI,AE,PP.etc) work fine... although AI seems slower as well.

Now I cant open 2018 files because it says I saved them in 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open Indesigns that have been saved with newer versions. They only issue a warning.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is basically unusable on my Mac. Even for simple operations, like preview rendering. I truly can't believe it could be this bad. I hate the thought of downgrading, and I don't exactly see a clear path as to how to actually do it, and I DON'T relish installing all of my plugins and everything again.

AI and ID are also painfully slow to start up and sluggish. I've used Adobe products since Illustrator 88 and I have never seen this serious of a performance problem

I thought it was something I had done, or some setting in my Mac. But I recently wiped my entire Mac (for other reasons) and installed a brand new fresh system (Mojave 10.14.1). So I know there are no lingering problems with the system.

I hope this problem gets resolved as it has brought my AE work to a standstill and seriously hindered all my other CC files. This is the problem with committing to one company for your apps.

This is so bad.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

4.2 GHz Intel Core i7

64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable! We've become the beta tester yet again! Premiere Pro CC 2019 won't even open my project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't understand what you did to After Effects 2019. The most simple animations get super slow... makes no sense. Colleagues with worst computers reporting a lot of crashes...

Get your sh*t together adobe, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After three weeks of trying to work with cc 2019 I’ve had to uninstall the whole lot and reinstalled CC 2018.

I knew CC 2019 was slow and I have been dealing with a lot of crashes, but it wasn’t until reinstalling CC 2018 did I realize just how bad CC 2019 was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the old version too. I think basically that is where everybody in this thread ends up. People have tried things, turned off external monitors, tried messing with settings, etc. But the bottom line is, we shouldn't have to do that to get normal performance. There is no "trick" or "fix" for this issue. The issue is with Adobe. They screwed up and that's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR THOSE WHO GET TO THIS MESSAGE

Don't bother wasting hours searching for a fix for this. There is none. Just bite the bullet and re-install the old version. You can do it though the Creative Cloud menu. Use the dropdown menu on the App in question and select "manage". From there, you can install the old version again and get back to work.

I'm not mad that Adobe screwed up. What makes me mad is that we have to waste hours of our time trying to figure out what's wrong. They should put an official announcement on their website and tell everybody to downgrade to the old versions. The new ones are unusable for professional workflows.

I do think Adobe should do some house cleaning in their QA department. This is really unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2019 starts the same as the 2018. Apart from bugs that can be worked around, I have no major problem. I know, however, that when you do not have an SSD as the program disk, start-up of the applications is painfully slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issues on my IMAC running Mojave ... similar to the ones already listed:

Acrobat DC

• slow opening up
  • constantly hangs
  • slow to view notes
  • as soon as I click in any text box, I get the "spinning beach ball" and have to wait 3-5 seconds
  • Hangs a lot - I have to force quit often

InDesign

• as soon as I click in any text box, I get the "spinning beach ball" and have to wait 3-5 seconds
  • I get the "spinning beach ball" and have to wait 3-5 seconds
  • Workspaces don't stick except when you click on something that supposed to be in the right hand menu, then they all appear

Illustrator

• slow to open
  • slow to edit files
  • slow to do anything at all

Of the 3 Apps listed, Acrobat is the worst. Man what used to be a great tool is now junk in my eyes. Just absolute junk. I hate even opening it.

Yea I know - It makes no sense to rant and rave about it, because - for better or worse - I am married to Adobe. It's just so saddening and frustrating to have to deal with these issues. I have enough stress at work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Gary+Vey  wrote

I am also having issues on my IMAC running Mojave ... similar to the ones already listed:

Acrobat DC

• slow opening up
  • constantly hangs
  • slow to view notes

What is your network infrastructure? I have similar problems because of my network infrastructure at my office slowing down operations. When I'm at home or in a "less protected" environment, it works fine.

This is on a Windows 7 computer --- and the "problem" existed also with 2018 and before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

I am not on a network. Stand-alone iMac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use any font management software?

Sent from my  iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines