• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC background process like core sync

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded a few adobe apps and have CC on my MacBook. As battery life is important, I've disabled CC on start up but there are still processes such as core sync, Adobe Desktop Service and others running. Even if I turn off syncing in CC preferences, core sync still runs (I have restarted). Core sync and adobe desktop service are the only two that use up significant energy. How can I stop these running without having to force quit every time?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

They latest updates to the Creative Cloud desktop app include bug fixes related to high CPU use from Core Sync and CEF Helper which affects some systems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Version 5.4.2.540 for macOS (Intel and ARM) and version 5.4.2.541 for Windows (Intel) released on 03/12/2021

You can install the latest version from here:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

If you continue to experience issues with the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please see Core Sync Process Choking Systems

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that the thread you refer to is displayed as a) not answered and b) branched into a new discussion, I'm not entirely sure your answer is that helpful. The discussion is also more than three and a half years old. Surely you aren't suggesting that this issue has remained unresolved all this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discussion linked to is now over 4 years old, and I'm having the same problem. Still unsolved! Please, Adobe... I want to use Creative Cloud... it's essential for my work, but I can't afford the unauthorized data hogging Core Sync is causing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue still has not been resolved in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that her post is both outdated, irrelevant, and leads to a thread that was never solved, I reported her post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of tragic that a low level development tool like git (with openly available source code) can do flawless cloud file synchronization with maybe 0.1% of the system resources that Adobe is using.  

I noticed that at pages 2 and 3 of this thread, https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-can-i-disable-core-sync-and-updaters/td-p/7581821?pag...  there are now two different posts, instructions for windows and mac, doing system level disablement of these processes.  I think that these posts may have been added informally by some curiously knowledgable engineers in light of the ridiculousness of this.  The mac fix is a single line shell command.  I'll try this on mac and let you know if it blows anything up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mac fix worked as expected:

- core sync not running on restart. hurray.

- ccxprocess is running

- another remaining cc processes noted, 'core sync helper' which seems benign helper type function.  I found this article to disable core sync helper on mac using system preferences (it's a spanish language stack exchange type board, but the screenshot is helpful anyway) https://manzana.me/questions/343/como-deshabilitar-la-ejecucion-de-la-aplicacion-adobe-core-s.  It turned off core sync helper right away.

- coresync restarted after I loaded DreamWeaver

- I restarted the system after DW loaded and Core Sync was again missing

I'm not sure what will happen after an adobe update but as I keep the CC desktop app (and updates) turned off, it should not be a problem to run this shell command when needed.

Here's a copy of that post in case it gets deleted:

Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Dissable adobe CC app from auto launching on mac:

launch terminal

copy and paste this: launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist

restart

done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @devops at app-project  - FYI manzana,me is just a Spanish translator service - here is the original stackexchange post: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/236577/how-to-disable-adobe-core-sync-app-on-os-x-from-bei...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported this answer. The linked post does not have a solution to the problem. This is still unresolved years later. I was wondering why my brand new MacBook Pro sounds like an aircraft taking off, it's because Adobe is hogging 95%+ of my CPU! Please provide a legitamite fix, this is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They latest updates to the Creative Cloud desktop app include bug fixes related to high CPU use from Core Sync and CEF Helper which affects some systems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Version 5.4.2.540 for macOS (Intel and ARM) and version 5.4.2.541 for Windows (Intel) released on 03/12/2021

You can install the latest version from here:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

If you continue to experience issues with the latest version please contact our support directly at
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines