Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Cloud will not load my apps and can't reinstall

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Cloud will not load my apps.

I've tried deleting the files in the OOBE folder and reinstalling but when CC Cloud gets stuck at around 20%.

I tried to use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool but that freezes on launch, any good ideas?

I'm on OSX 10.15.4

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicolai12345, have you already implemented all of the solutions listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html?  What is the location for the OOBE folder that you deleted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried but CC Cloud will not let me uninstall as it says I have apps who need CC Cloud?

OOBE folder is the one in my library in my userfolder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, Nicolai12345, but please review the steps listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html more carefully.  Solution one discusses downloading the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller utility.  The error message you posted occurs if you try to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app without using the utility.  If you would like direct step by step assistance, then please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.

I tried it now as described but the uninstall app just hangs. The progress bar comes up but nothing happens, it's now been going for hours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't take that long to run the ut Nicolai12345. Please download and run the CC Log Collector tool from  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  Once the log files are uploaded, you can then begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided to locate and correct the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if only your support staff could actually access the uploaded log. Apparently that's not the case, so am now awaiting more senior staff to email me, not a great way to spend an hour on your chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, Nicolia12345, I appreciate your continued patience.  We have also been affected by the pandemic so that the support process may take longer than usual.  You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to review and provide any updates to your support case

If you do locate the fatal error within the install log, then please update this public discussion with the error number discovered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, it was just fustrating to spend so much time with support only to be told that he couldn't access the log when that was what was the first thing I told him when I opened the chat.

Anyway I'll find it myself. What log should I be looking in? The Install log for Creative Cloud app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will want to start with the Install log, Nicolai12345.  Once you have opened the file you can then use the Find command to look for any Fatal Errors.  The file is appended to each time, so the newest errors will be at the end of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines