• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Desktop App Failing to Launch (AGAIN) on Mac start after install

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE can someone assist? I thought I had fixed my CC issues after losing ALL my apps. Here is the original thread:  CC Desktop App hanging - Lost All my CC Apps 

And here is now what I am having to endure....

Well, after fixing last night after almost 3 days wasted of searching and trying EVERY suggestion, seems I spoke too soon . . . .  😕

Booted Mac up this morning

Fired-up illustrator to continue working on project.. worked on it for 20mins had to go out..

Came back and noticed CC icon in top Mac bar was GREY

Clicked on it and it said it 'Needed Creative Cloud Desktop to continue'  😮

Clicked "REPAIR"

Now it is attempoting to d-load CC Desktop again and its taking forever . . .

Why? Why am I having these problems?? I was 100% positive I had fixed the issue only to be back at square 1 and now, I do not even know (until this d-load has finished) if I am synced to my files, libraries anymore or even if I have access to the Apps - Again!

My client is SCREAMING for the arwork and designs I am working on and I guaranteed them last night I had fixed the issue. If anyone at Adobe knows how to fix this could they please tell me how? I don't want to be faced with no CC Desktop every time I start the Mac..

I tried to save the file I was working on in ai and it said couldn't save due to an unknown error?

I'm a pretty calm sort of chap, but I am losing my patience now . . 

And PLEASE Adobe, do not simply ask me to run CC Cleaner and then download it again. I have explained fully in my original post (linked above for anyone to read over, please) and it covers practically EVERY solution and ALL my problems in detail, with only one standard reply from Adobe. I thought I had fixed by Safe Mode install, I was back working last night - Today, it is back to how it was before I even began.

I cannot put into words how frustrating this is for me and I am getting aggro now from client because I cannot do my work, that is simply not good enough in my humble opinion. I have beenan Adobe customer since illustrator '88 and I have been a fully paid-up CC 'All Apps' member for years so please - could I have some sort of helpful input?

Sincerely,

Beej

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe installer for CC Desktop is stuck at '36% complete'

Activity Monitor is showing 2 instances of CC installer running but one is in RED and says (Not Responding)

Please instruct me on what to do next . . .

Do I have to force-quit ALL running Adobe items in Activity Monitor; Re-Boot in Safe Mode and install from there?

I managed to fix this last night and installed several Apps including illustrator and Photoshop . .  will they still be there?

Is this issue with Desktop App only and NOT with illustrator or any other App?

Will the Apps installed still run correctly if I do not 'fix' this issue?

I am now DESPERATE for some assistance - from Anyone . . . . .

Beej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my eyes your problem is simple.

You have a Major problem with your computer.

Adobe apps don't just disappear, get uninstalled, don't become inactive in anyway once they are installed.

Actually No program does unless you have some type of hardware fault or a virus and or malware on you system.

Also permissions don't change all by themselves. Once set they stay that way unless the User, or something else, Virus/Malware, changes them. Yes it has been know for Apple and the install of updates or upgrades to OS X to Reset permissions the user has set but not Willy Nilly without doing either an update or upgrade to OS X.

Once Data is written to a hard drive, Rotating or Solid State, it doesn't go away all by itself. It also doesn't change in any way all by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly, I find your response to my request for assistance incredibly unhelpful and rather blunt? I am not sure how I deserved that tbh?

I have never said that ANY Apps just 'disappeared' nor 'get uninstalled' by themselves? I very  c l e a r l y  stated, step-by-step, what had happened after following instructions from both Adobe assistants and Adobe forum/software users here, after suffering hanging issues with trying to update CC Desktop! These suggestions included removing the CC Desktop App AND All the installed Apps AND using the CC Cleaner to try to remove ALL instances of CC and it's components.

That is what I did. I fully understand that permissions don't change, and even when I asked here yesterday if someone could just 'confirm' that the directory for CC App Downloads on the Mac was HD/Users/Me/Applications, you firstly gave me information that suggested you hadn't understood my question and then, again offered a response that suggested I should have known better than to even ask! Your response was,

'But with Mac the only place that I know where Application can be installed to, and work properly, is the Applications folder on the ROOT of the Macintosh HD. I figured any Mac user would know that.'

Well you figured wrong. Because the ONLY reason I asked was I wanted some assurance that this was correct, having read on your forums here a post where someone had said CC App D-loads went in the Library folder and then created a temp file. I was simply asking for confirmation and the reason for that is staggeringly simple: I had already wasted hours and hours getting CC back on the Mac, I didn't want anything to go wrong once I began installing the Apps again.

The reason I said in the title of the post that I had now lost all my CC apps was because I followed info from here to get rid of them and then install a new version of CC - Sounded simple enough, right? But I was unable to do this without entering Safe Mode on the Mac so yeah.... it very much looked like I had lost Photoshop, illustrator etc.. as there seemed to be NO reliable way to get them back on again at that time, once I had followed instructions to clear my machine of them completely. I am very aware they didn't do that all by themselves..

When I booted-up the Mac this morning, CC Desktop would NOT load (even though it worked fine yesterday - eventually) and it asked me to then re-install it OR Repair it. I tried that - it hung again at 36% for almost an hour so I had to re-boot in Safe Mode and download it again that way.

I didn't 'change' anything. Why would I? It took me several days of wasted hours to get it running it again!

It seems rather odd to insinuate that the issue is ALL down to MY iMac?? When many, many folks have had issues with CC Desktop App hanging, crashing, freezing when trying to download or update, Adobe Servers not connecting, Libraries not loading etc...etc.. and these are listed in Adobe's own help pages, so therefore, either everyone with these issues I mentioned who come here and post have 'faulty' Macs or PC's or maybe Adobe's engineers own computers don't even work? Is that where they find these faults and then offer suggestions on how to fix them? I have no idea?

I even said at the VERY beginning of my original post when asking for help, that yes, I have an older iMac - but it works very well, runs OS High Sierra 10.13.6 which Adobe says is fine to run the CC Desktop App and it's other Apps like PS, Ai etc.. and until very recently I had NO problems with ANY of Adobe's Apps nor CC Desktop, not until I updated it.

I would very much love to hear anyone else's response about how their more up-to-date machines have had or are having issues with CC Desktop not installing correctly?

To be fair to you (as Im no troll nor trouble-maker, just a dedicated Adobe user who simply needed some assistance . . this is the first time I have asked for help in these forums for 6 years) I guess you have to sit at a machine all day scrolling through the many posts on CC Desktop issues and maybe overlook the odd one here and there that seems like it's an easy fix or easy to say 'You have a Major problem with your computer..' so fair enough.

But I feel it is important to illustrate that as the 'end-user' who pays £49.00 per month and has done for many years (and spent £1000's before the CC App even existed), up until now having had NO issues with ANY products, that I am well within my rights to come in here and ask for assistance, no matter how simple, and expect a courteous response at least. Like I've said before in past two days, I've been using Adobe products for 32 years and my first Apple machine was an SE! Then a IICi...so Ive had a little experience using Adobe Software products and Apple machines.

And for your information, I am about to purchase a new iMac Pro and I am hoping that the OS software on that machine gives me no issues running Creative Cloud Apps, guess we will have to see 😉 But for anyone else reading this.. Open Activity Monitor - Force Quit any frozen installer - Re-Boot in Safe Mode - Go to Adobe's links to d-load CC Desktop and do it from there. That has fixed my issue now twice and it works really quickly. I restarted and was back to work in illustrator, have been all day...I just don't feel much like opening the CC Desktop App to see if it crashes or not?
Guess we will see after another shutdown/start-up how we get on.

You may be hearing back from me . . 
Hope Once I have a funky, up-to-date, ram-stuffed, speedy iMac that I don't get the same CC Desktop and CC App problems?

Sincerely,

Beej 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally Customer Support recommends this sequence:

1. Uninstall all Adobe apps using standard OS procedures.

2. Download & run the CC Cleaner Tool, remove all apps.

3. Reboot your computer (don't skip this step).

4. Start again from the top by reinstalling the Creative Cloud and your tools.

If that doesn't work for you, then another option would be to request/use the new 2020 direct download links instead, which don't use the Creative Cloud Desktop app at all. With those, you can download standalone installers which are industry-standard .exe/.dmg files.

In fact, the CC Desktop app itself is even available as an offline installer too, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines