CC Desktop app. Moved from Feedback to Get Started By Mod

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the following page >

https://community.adobe.com/#sa_src=web-messaging

81 topics are listed.

And not "one" - is directly related to the CC Desktop app...!

I guess "Community Feedback" is the catch-all section, for comments just as this.

I want to complain to 'management', and I believe that this is my first posting - on Adobe's website.

Been using Photoshop for a while. Actually started out with DigiPaint on the Amiga (1988?), then on the PC side - with Aldus PhotoStyler.

As the years slide by, I'm forgetting more than I'm learning. That's why everything seems so new and exciting... 🙂

Today (Mon, Nov-04-2019), I ran the CC Desktop app and had 4 updates to do. Updates are set to "Manual Mode".

The Photoshop download - ended up choking (locking/freezing) at some point. Had to hit the Cancel button.

A few hours later, I tried the Bridge update. It choked at 67%. Had no choice - but to hit its Cancel button.

The download process is 'very slow'. I guessing there's only one server worldwide...

But I somehow managed to get the Lightroom Classic update done. Amazing...

The CameraRaw update - is still pending. Maybe tomorrow, I'll be in a better mood...

WHY is there no 'resume/pause/retry' function/feature - on any of these downloads...?

I guess the 'thousands' of programmers - who work for Adobe - are ALL very busy.

Here's a topic of discussion - that should be passed - up - the "Chain of Command" >

When the President of Adobe - is having a golf game with the Treasurer of Adobe, he should ask the following question >

"Is the enough money in our Bank Account - to hire one more programmer - to fix that terrible download problem with CC Desktop?"

Aiming for a "Hole in One', but expecting "triple bogey".

Ken Cooper
Filmmaker + Photographer
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

KenCooper.ca@gmail.com

Windows10 x64
CC Desktop app = v5.0.0.354

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Community Feedback is for FEEDBACK about, on, this forum. Not for problems or questions about any Adobe software (which the CC DTA is Adobe software.

I did the updates to LR Classic, PS 2020, Bridge 2020, ACR, Audition and Premeire Pro just a few hours ago. Not one stopage lag or any other problems.

Make sure Windows is up to date. Restart your computer, your router and your modem and try again.

Also AV programs are notorious for slowing down downloads and inspecting all the files that are being downloaded. Check your AV.

I'm going to start my iMac now and do the updates for Bridge, PS, LR Classic and ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do the questions ABOUT using Adobe software--especially after updating to new  (Nov/Dec 2019) version??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the relevant product forum, starting here:

https://community.adobe.com/

Photoshop forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/bd-p/photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just after I replied and moved your original post I started my 2011 iMac running High Sierra and then started the CC DTA and Clicked "Update All". I was fooling around on my Windows 10 system, one of my external drives got disconnected so I had to reboot it, and I just looked at the iMac. All updates done.

My initial reply was 20 minutes ago. Not really sure when it finished doing the updated but somewhere in that 20 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Users\kc\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeLogCollectorTool.log

The last few lines, pasted below >

[On Confirmation Page]: token is Default user is present on machine, login not required
[Upload Page]::Inside Upload Page
[Upload Page]::AdobeLogs_20191112_081137_798-win.zxp
[On Upload Page]:: Started upload
[On Upload Page]:: ZXP to upload is: C:\Users\kc\Desktop\LogCollector\AdobeLogs_20191112_081137_798-win.zxp
' Upload ::'LogTransport DLL loaded successfully
[On Upload Page]:: percentage: 100
'Upload Info ::'LCT_RETURN_SUCCESS
[On Upload Page]:: Upload successful LCT_RETURN_SUCCESS

How anyone can make sense of these "log files", is just about beyond comprehension...

It's been about a week - since my last posting.

Over the past few days, I tried several times to get Adobe updates - using the CC_Desktop_App.

Even booted into Safe_Mode_with_Networking.

Actually saw a 505 Error message...!

505, C505 Failed to lower privileges.

1. Uninstall Beyondtrust Powerbroker.

Did a search on my C drive - for anything called "Beyondtrust" = nothing found.

Oh well...

Monday, Nov-11-2019, I got an brillant idea >

Let's delete every Adobe CC app I use, and ALL the OLD CS6 Master Collection programs - from my C drive.

Used the "Revo Uninstaller Pro" tool.

Several Registry cleans with "AVG PC Tuneup", with reboots.

I then manually deleted every single leftover Adobe folder - found in these locations >

Program Files + Common Files
Program Files (x86) + Common Files
ProgramData + Common Files

And all Adobe folders/files in > C:\Users\kc\AppData\Local & Roaming

More reboots.

At some point, everything looked good.

I then ran "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe"

My system was at some point - completely Adobeless... 🙂

I then found and then manually downloaded:

Creative_Cloud_Set-Up.exe

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

Manually downloaded the following files. I don't trust the CC_Desktop_app anymore...

Bridge - Windows (64 bit)
Photoshop - Windows (64 bit)
Lightroom Classic - Windows (64 bit)

These are the programs, I am currently paying for.

This morning (Nov-12-2019), I installed the CC_Desktop program, then PS, BR and LRc.

Here's a screen grab of the CC_Desktop - now showing 6 pending updates. WTF...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma4aq6z1rza3vbz/CC_Desktop_Nov-12-2019.jpg?dl=0

There's a line I came up with - this past summer > "consecutive agony"

Yesterday, before the major removal process, I somehow managed to take note of the following >

PS v20.07, today I have v20.01

LRc v9.0, today I have v8.0, CameraRaw v11.0

BR ?, today I have v9.00.201, CameraRaw v10.1

By downloading these programs directly, they all appear to have gone back in time... 🙂

Will I use the current CC_Desktop-app to update these? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

There are MILLIONs of happy Adobe customers.

Maybe one day, I'll manage to crawl out of this software abyss, and then help hold the Adobe flag of freedom (or somesuch).

I'm just an "End-User", sharing my experiences.... 🙂

Using humor to end this rambling posting, I'm currently humming the following tune >

"I Can't Get No Satisfaction" by 'The Rolling Stones' ... 🙂

And trying to reply to this message - probably impossible... 🙂

Maybe this is a job for "AI"...?

FYI - an interesting interview >

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0009zbj

Demis Hassabis, CEO of Deep Mind, tells Jim Al-Khalili why he wants to create artificial intelligence.

Copied from Speccy_Pro >

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4930K @ 3.40GHz 36 °C
Ivy Bridge-E 22nm Technology
RAM
64.0GB DDR3 @ 999MHz (9-11-11-31)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79-E WS (LGA2011) 37 °C
Graphics
31MU97 (4096x2160@60Hz)
DELL 2408WFP (1920x1200@59Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA Quadro K5200 (NVIDIA) 51 °C
Storage
9314GB Seagate ST10000DM0004-1ZC101 (SATA ) 30 °C
9314GB Seagate ST10000DM0004-1ZC101 (SATA ) 31 °C
238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB (SATA (SSD)) 39 °C
59GB KINGSTON SV200S364G (SATA-2 (SSD)) 45 °C
11176GB Hitachi HGST HUH721212ALN600 (SATA ) 31 °C
238GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SATA (SSD)) 37 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24LS70
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kenc79660391, sorry to hear that you have been facing so many problems with the installation process for your Creative Cloud applications.

I can tell you that Error 505 occurs because the installer was denied access to complete the installation process.  When you find the error in the log it should provide you with the exact location of this failure.  Did you happen to see where the permission failure was occurring?

In general, I would recommend against the use of cleanup utilities, as it puts your computer in an unexpected state that could lead to future download and installation failures.

I am sorry that this has been a frustrating situation for you, Kenc79660391.  Have you been in direct contact with our support team about the errors you have been facing?  If so, do you have a case number from your interaction that I can review?  You can find information on how to locate and update your recent support cases at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I clicked on your link >

https://community.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/10463131

Only 38,327 posts...!

Wow...

Having a quick look at this page, I see you've been rather busy - trying to help a lot of people.

Thanks for taking the time - for your quick response, to my post.

Yea - there are a few technical challenges. Midst the flow of attempted solutions, I seek to maintain my sanity. The hardest part is trying to remember all the steps, and hopefully writing about it - in a clear linear fashion... 🙂

I will not contact - customer support. Hence no Case Number for you to read... 🙂

I'm just going to let it go...

BR, PS and LRc - all seem to be working. Maybe not the latest versions, but I'm still able to push around a few pixels...

kc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, KC thanks for the additional information.

Can you please bookmark http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html which provides a download link to our log collector tool.  If you do encounter additional errors, please download and run the log collector tool and then contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that the error can be located and addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines