Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Desktop App Won't Open - Keep spinning - Relaunch

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you point me to this article:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html?product=Creative%20Clo...

I've already done everything on the list. Multiple times.

• I've quit everything and restarted and rebooted cc desktop app

• I've uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app (ran into some issues here but found a different link and it finally reinstalled)

• I've deleted the contens of the OOBE folder (without dleteing the folder) and relaunched

• And My OS is up to date (10.15.6)

STILL when I load the cc desktop app, it spins and spins and never loads. And then eventually it says, "Your apps are taking longer than usual to load. Relaunch Creative Cloud or restart your computer and try again. Get help (link)" and a Relaunch link.

So...now what?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first try, resetting the cc app: To reset the Creative Cloud desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, do a clean cc install:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha...I can't even do step 1 from your instructions since it tells me to uninstall all of the apps from thre cc app...which won't open! It just spins and spins and eventually gives me a relaunch link. 

None the less, I will try uninstalling each Adobe app manually using the uninstall app in each folder. I'll let you know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - it seems to be stuck on uninstalling Photoshop 21.0.1. It's been stuck on 35% for over 30 minutes now. All of the other apps took less than a minute. So I'm guessing this was probably creating the loop in the cc desktop app. 

Now what? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restart your computer

continue the same steps starting with resetting the cc app and work your way down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've restarted 3 times now, and when I relauncht the uninstall app for Photoshop, it only gets to 67% and stalls out. I have to quit twice to get it to close. Then I restart and try again with the same result. Should I manually trash the photoshop extensions folder at this point along with the uninstall app? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, let adobe support look at your computer and work on the problem(s):

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Customer Support recommends this sequence:

1. Uninstall all Adobe apps using standard OS procedures. If you can't do this, move to step 2.

2. Download & run the CC Cleaner Tool, remove all apps.

3. Reboot your computer (don't skip this step).

4. Start again from the top by reinstalling the Creative Cloud and your tools.

If that doesn't work for you, then another option would be to request/use the new 2020 direct download links instead, which don't use the Creative Cloud Desktop app at all. With those, you can download standalone installers which are industry-standard .exe/.dmg files.

In fact, the CC Desktop app itself is even available as an offline installer too, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried downloading the cc cleaner tool and the icon just bounces up and down for a few minutes, then I have to force quit as the "application is not responding." 

Furthermore - the adobe site says it no longer provides direct download links for the Adobe Creative Suite, which is what I use. 

It's very difficult for me to find time during the day to reach out to adobe suport as my job is all-consuming all day. But it looks like that's my only option at this point.  

Appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines