• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Downloader won't let me select a new path to download to

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep getting the same error trying to download Photoshop at 10%. Error message says not enough room. When I try to select a new folder/pathway to download to, it keeps reverting it back to the original download path. I've previously downloaded Premiere and Spark with no problem.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying that. As mentioned in my OP, it keeps resetting the download path to my internal hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lenovo Flex 5

Intel Core i5-8250U

16gig RAM

128 gig SSD (over 3+ gigs free)

Win 10

7.27TB  external drive (over 3TB free)--this is the one I'm trying to copy to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean, please free up additional space on the primary drive, 128 gigabytes, as a rule of thumb you should leave at least double the amount of free space, as the amount of installed RAM, on the drive/partition that contains the operating system.

Please also see the link offered by John, to a related discussion, if you wish to discover the limitations of custom install locations, and the disk space requirements necessary to complete the download and install process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your internal disk is in a disastrous state, ready for catastrophe. Soon, nothing will work. You need many times that free.

Yes, you can install Adobe's apps to an external drive, but you'll still need plenty of room on the system disk for many things. To start with, the actual download is to your TEMP folder, which you probably didn't move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines