• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Icon in Mac Menu bar no longer opens Drop Down menu; instead launches old Desktop App.

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there an update or something? Clicking on the Creative Cloud icon in my Mac's menu bar no longer opens the nicely designed drop-down menu that I've been using the last few years, but instead now opens the archaic and poorly designed Desktop app from long ago! There is no option to switch back to the desired behaviour. I am on Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave and have NOT (and will not) upgrade to the Catilina OS.

EDIT: Photos added with clarification - Previously, when I clicked on the CC Icon in the Mac's Menu bar, it would open a drop-down menu with all of my CC Apps, Assets, Stock, etc. very clean and well organized (as in first photo.) Now, it opens this big old desktop app that is just outdated (as in second photo.)

4-drop-down-menu-other-versions-800x1351.jpg

CC_Desktop_Screenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jido_genshi.

Do you have screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see if I can clarify and I'll add photos to my original post... Previously, when I clicked on the CC Icon in the Mac's Menu bar, it would open a drop-down menu with all of my CC Apps, Assets, Stock, etc. very clean and well organized (as in first photo.) Now, it opens this big old desktop app that is just outdated (as in second photo.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. jido_genshi.

Thank you for the photos.
It looks like the Creative Cloud desktop app has been updated.

New_CCDA1.png

With the new Creative Cloud desktop app,

To open uninstall and previous version management,
Press the "..." part next to the "Open" button

New_CCDA1.png

By the way, as the setting of the new Creative Cloud desktop application, the setting of the “old app” display used when installing Muse, Flash Builder, etc., click the gear mark to enter the setting screen, and select the  “app” item Then it will come out.

NewCCDA_OldApps.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, however, I am not asking about the individual apps within Creative Cloud (i.e., Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) I am asking about the Creative Cloud app itself. All I want to know is why is it no longer a Drop Down menu like it has been the last few years, and why they've gone back to that old ugly Desktop app? Or is it a bug? Is there a way to get back to the drop down menu version of Creative Cloud? I want it to go back to this when I click on the CC Icon in the Mac's Menue Bar...

4-drop-down-menu-other-versions-800x1351.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to go back because it is a version upgrade.

I am one of those who has upgraded, but the desktop occupancy is high (to be honest, it's annoying), and if it's a launcher function, I think it worked well in the previous version.
However, we have no choice but to accept the reality that we have upgraded.
However, if this desktop is not so popular in the future, it may be reviewed in the next update, but you should not expect it too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying they did upgrade Creative Cloud to go back to using the Desktop app? And if so, that's yet another huge mis-step from Adobe... I would like for someone from Adobe to officially chime in on this to let me know if this indeed is not a bug but an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the version information.
You can see that the version has been upgraded.

Newer ver.(5.0)

New_CCDA_ver.info.png

Older ver.(4.9)

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm just confused why a company that is all about Design and User Experience would go backwards in design and user experience with their own product!? But I appreciate your responses, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the helpful user says it is an upgrade, not a bug, but I would still like to hear from somebody at Adobe as to why a company that is all about Design and User Experience would go backward in design and user experience with their own product!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one else have a definitive answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I liked it better with the drop down menu. Am I to assume that it is just the upgrade that makes this no longer available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this is a step backward for the program.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request: 

• Reimplemented drop down view for Creative Cloud for Mac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTALLY agree!

Like we all need another window to have open on our desktop.

Please bring back the drop down menu icon for CC!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a direct pipeline to Adobe's product engineers.  They never visit this user-to-user forum.

Submit an official feature request below where the product engineers will see it.

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It totally sucks.  Please bring back the drop down menu for the CC icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  I hate this "upgrade".  Adobe please go back to the nice pull-down!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed her as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this thread is old, but I just came across it after searching for an answer. Phew, at least I have some confirmation now. I too loved the mini dropdown. It was succinct and useable. I thought I was going insane. I thought that I did something to change the view and couldn't figure out how to get it back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank god someone posted about it... i spent 10 minutes trying to find the button cos i thought i did something wrong...

worst adobe update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines