Highlighted

CC Launcher Runs, But Doesn't Install

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a very weird issue here. 

The other day I noticed that I my CC Launcher icon had disappeared, so I went to Adobe's website to download it again. I download the package, start the installer, then the progress bar gets to maybe about 15-20% before closing, and opening the Launcher.

However it hasn't installed the program — there is no app icon in the drawer, and the only way to access the Launcher is by running the installer again (because after I quit the program, there is no icon to click on nor program in my Applications folder). It also isn't even running the latest version of the launcher, as the dock icon is still red instead of rainbow.

SPECS

• 21.5in, mid-2011 iMac
  • High Sierra
  • 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

• 4BG RAM
  • 500GB HDD

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC Launcher Runs, But Doesn't Install

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a very weird issue here. 

The other day I noticed that I my CC Launcher icon had disappeared, so I went to Adobe's website to download it again. I download the package, start the installer, then the progress bar gets to maybe about 15-20% before closing, and opening the Launcher.

However it hasn't installed the program — there is no app icon in the drawer, and the only way to access the Launcher is by running the installer again (because after I quit the program, there is no icon to click on nor program in my Applications folder). It also isn't even running the latest version of the launcher, as the dock icon is still red instead of rainbow.

SPECS

• 21.5in, mid-2011 iMac
  • High Sierra
  • 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

• 4BG RAM
  • 500GB HDD

Topics

Creative Cloud, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funkadunkalunk, sorry you are encountering problems. Are you using the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html to install Lightroom?  Has the Creative Cloud desktop app installed?  What version of macOS are you running on the 2011 iMac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines