Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC on more than 2 Macs

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have situation, where I might have more than two (dedicated) Macs in use soon.

Is anyone else using CC (with one license) on more than 2 personal Macs?

Has the constant deactivating/activiting of the CC, while switching between the Mac been easy / hassle for you?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

That's no big deal. I do not know about your situation but I had to switch between office desktop, office laptop and home desktop and home laptop. Works easy and without a hassle.

So even when you travel to a customer and use their computer and your license, that's not a problem. When you leave, you sign of that machine and when you forget, you can sign of without physical contact to the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's no big deal. I do not know about your situation but I had to switch between office desktop, office laptop and home desktop and home laptop. Works easy and without a hassle.

So even when you travel to a customer and use their computer and your license, that's not a problem. When you leave, you sign of that machine and when you forget, you can sign of without physical contact to the machine.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When you leave, you sign of that machine and when you forget, you can sign of without physical contact to the machine."

You mean "sign off"?

That is great news!

So are you saying the "remote" signing off is no slower than if you would do that on locally on the particular mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out!

Click in the CC app your picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, that's the local way. : )

What about the remote way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to adobe.com, sign in, manage, plans and products:

And when you sign in a third computer, you can disable one of the two others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have related question. I was under the impression that the products installed on a computer would continue working after desactivation, just not sync and get updated. This seems not to be the case and so, as others, I will have to got to activate/desactivate from time to time. It is not a great problem for me, but it would be nice to know what the rules are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zajimave  wrote

I have related question. I was under the impression that the products installed on a computer would continue working after desactivation,

No. They will not work at all. Deactivated effectively means installed but not useable.

That's the whole point of the two activations restriction. You can install on as many devices as you like but only activate them for use on a maximum of two devices at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Waller  wrote

You can install on as many devices as you like but only activate them for use on a maximum of two devices at any time.

...and according to the license terms you are allowed to use them only on one computer at the same time meaning that there is no possibility for 2 persons working on 2 computers concurrently without violating the terms of the license.

For the rest, you may activate and deactivate as much as needed. I sometimes have the need to activate on my desktop and laptop at my office, but after work, I use my home desktop, so I deactivate simply the 2 office computers. When being on travel and accessing a different computer I do the same. Back in office, I need to activate again. that's a 2 minutes procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The view to deactivate a device IS NOT available on team subscriptions of CC.

Let's see how the life without that on more than 2 Macs works.

--

[…] why I don't have the list to select which device I want to deactivate, while other users have this list?

Yashika (Adobe Customer Support)

: when you have an individual subscription , you will get an option

J: What's the logic?

Yashika: in team subscription you donot get that option

J: Why as non-indivual customer I wouldn't need that as well as the individual customers need it?

Yashika: it is difficult to manage for an admin to manage activated devices of all the users

J: Yes.

J: But I want to manage only my PERSONAL activated devices, not activated devices of other users.

J: Why I cannot do that?

Yashika: I am afraid but this option is not available
[…]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know what's the motivation of it, but it's not a big deal. When you signed out your two activation, next time you log in again on a computer that has been signed out, you sign in again. I did that multiple times and there was no real drawback on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea.

It turned out to be a hassle not at all.

You have the dialog to sign off other accounts, while you are exceeding the amount of sign-ons.

Great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines