Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Only updating in safe mode

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issues as me. I am having to start my macbook pro in safe mode to update creative cloud apps. If i try and install in regular mode, it just gets to a percentage and sits there. This is the same with fonts and everything CC based.

Last time i uninstalled everything, it would'nt re-install. So went on to the apple support where they took over my computer and installed it all again in safe mode. This to me is not an answer and wondered if anyone has a logical reason/fix for this.

Thaks in advance,

Stu

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stu, I have not encountered the same behavior on my MacBook Pros.  What version of macOS is installed on the computer?  What happened before you were unable to apply updates?  Do you ever receive any specific error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your question. My Mac is running macOS Mojave V10.14.6.

I had no issues before it used to run fine, but then after one of the updates CC Cloud didnt want to update without hanging. It just gets to a percentage and then stops, was usually 26% and then it would just stay there, no error messages or anything. So i now have to start in safe mode to update which is not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Stu!  Please utilize the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html to remove and reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.  If you implement solution three then make sure to locate and rename the OOBE folder.  This step is often skipped and leads to the troubleshooting step is unsuccessful.

Please update this public forum discussion, if you have any additional questions, Stu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines