• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC titles very slow to open in macOS Sierra

Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2010 Mac Pro, 6 core 3.33 GHz Westmere, 16 GB RAM. SSD drive. ATI Radeon HD 5770. macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Sierra was installed on an erased drive, followed by installing the CC apps I use. That, and the rest of the apps I normally use such as Quark XPress, Office 2016 and others. No junk apps such as haxies or anything else that attempts to modify the system for "looks".

These Adobe apps snap open very quickly. Just one to three seconds and they're ready to use. A bit slower for Muse as it's an Adobe Air app.

Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC

Adobe Encore CS6

Adobe Muse CC 2017

These open pitifully slowly.

Adobe After Effects CC 2017

Adobe Audition CC 2017

Adobe Bridge CC 2017

Adobe Illustrator CC 2017

Adobe InDesign CC 2017

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2017

Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017

Adobe SpeedGrade CC 2015

These same nine apps open in just few seconds under El Capitan, but beachball on their splash screens under Sierra anywhere from 15-30 seconds before the interface is up.

Things I've tested:

1) Installed CC 2015.5 for a few of the slow opening titles. No difference. They're just as slow.

2) Created a new user account and tried them there. Slow.

3) Removed all CC app preference files. Slow.

All other non-Adobe apps open just as fast in Sierra as they do in El Capitan. Quark XPress 2015 is ready to use in just under five seconds. Any Office 2016 app, three seconds. And so on no matter what other third party or Mac supplied app I launch.

The common factor appears to be; Sierra is the issue with some, but not all Adobe apps, and only Adobe's software.

Any suggestions? I mean, other than just going back to El Capitan (which I just may do)? I'd like to find a solution for Sierra if possible.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump in hopes Adobe's staff sees this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines