Highlighted

CC unable to reach Adobe servers

New Here ,
May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download CC trial version for Photoshop. Once I open up the Set Up file, I get an error stating 'trying to connect to server'. When I try to use the Adobe Application Manager, I get an error message stating 'unable to reach Adobe servers'.

I have also tried the following:

I have chatted with an Adobe Rep already today and he remotely accessed my screen and made a few changes. But nothing is working. The Rep told me it was an error with my Network. I have internet connection and can access other websites and programs just fine.

Disabling Firewall/Proxy.

Changing DNS.

Whitelisting Adobe addresses through my ISP.

Checked/cleaned the host file.

Confirmed that I can access Adobe's activation site.

Tried pinging Adobe but that failed.

I have gone through the troubleshooting files on Adobe's site.

I have logged out of both Adobe and my computer multiple times.

I have upgraded to the newest version of Firefox.

I'm using Windows 7. I still cannot set up CC for Photoshop use. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Libbii thank you for the update. 

You may also want to review the Domain Name Server settings on the computer.  If you are continuing to receive packet failures you may want to try an alternate DNS which is able to provide the proper real world IP addresses of the Adobe servers.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

CC unable to reach Adobe servers

New Here ,
May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download CC trial version for Photoshop. Once I open up the Set Up file, I get an error stating 'trying to connect to server'. When I try to use the Adobe Application Manager, I get an error message stating 'unable to reach Adobe servers'.

I have also tried the following:

I have chatted with an Adobe Rep already today and he remotely accessed my screen and made a few changes. But nothing is working. The Rep told me it was an error with my Network. I have internet connection and can access other websites and programs just fine.

Disabling Firewall/Proxy.

Changing DNS.

Whitelisting Adobe addresses through my ISP.

Checked/cleaned the host file.

Confirmed that I can access Adobe's activation site.

Tried pinging Adobe but that failed.

I have gone through the troubleshooting files on Adobe's site.

I have logged out of both Adobe and my computer multiple times.

I have upgraded to the newest version of Firefox.

I'm using Windows 7. I still cannot set up CC for Photoshop use. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

You may also want to review the Domain Name Server settings on the computer.  If you are continuing to receive packet failures you may want to try an alternate DNS which is able to provide the proper real world IP addresses of the Adobe servers.

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have added the following allowances in our webfilter

ccmdl.adobe.com:80

swupmf.adobe.com:80

swupdl.adobe.com:80

Our network firewall has no restrictions that would prevent the downloads...

Even though the Windows firewall is turned off, we set the allowance for the application in that firewall as well...

Still getting same error.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Libbii and Cperrycocoa for details on how to resolve download errors I would recommend reviewing Error downloading, installing, or updating Adobe Creative Cloud apps  which discusses how to resolve download errors.  Do either of you receive any specific errors when attempting to download and install Photoshop CC 2015?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link Jeff, but I've already gone through all of those suggested steps on that page. The errors that I receive are 'trying to connect to server' and when I try to use the Adobe Application Manager, I get an error message stating 'unable to reach Adobe servers'.

Yet, I've been able to access Adobe's activation site as suggested here: Advanced solutions to connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

And I've been able to access, download and install CC/Photoshop on a different computer within my network.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Brucgov's suggestion can you please post the most recent errors from the DLM.log to this discussion?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. DML log:

*******************start of Download****************

05/06/16 08:15:14:753 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 9220 | GDE Version is 9.0.0.4 (BuildVersion: 6.0; BuildDate: Wed Mar 04 2015 21:34:10 )

05/06/16 08:15:17:462 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 11016 | The file to be downloaded is https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/AAM/1/win32/AAMVersion.xml

05/06/16 08:15:17:462 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 11016 | Going to download the file at C:\Users\Zinkina\AppData\Local\Temp\{641940B7-CEC4-4463-9B78-FF1F977148CC}/AAMVersion.xml

05/06/16 08:15:18:462 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 11016 | The windows error code is - 12029

05/06/16 08:15:18:462 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 11016 | Failed to send the request to server to get the response - 12029

2. The follow ports were added/allowed:

*.adobe.com:443

*.adobelogin.com:443

adobe.tt.omtrdc.net:443

api.omniture.com:443

config.adobedps.com:443

digitalpublishing.acrobat.com:443

*.digitalpublishing.acrobat.com:443

download.digitalpublishing.acrocomcontent.com:443

origin.adobe-dcfs.com:443

s3.amazonaws.com:443

use.typekit.com:443

ccmdl.adobe.com:80

swupmf.adobe.com:80

swupdl.adobe.com:80

3. When pinging, I did get a timed out error for all 4 packets.

4. I will add the additional ports as suggested by Brucgovn. Edit: I added the additional ports and Adobe Installer still states that is unable to reach the server.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Rep who remotely accessed my computer did change the DNS to 8888/4488, but that also didn't help. Do you have any alternate DNS suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't have any specific recommendations.  I would recommend working with your Internet Service Provider regarding their recommendations for a reliable server to utilize for DNS functions.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While pinging Adobe site , did you got requested time out error for all 4 packets sent ?? 

Did you added below ports to Allow or Exception list ??

Adobe Ports/Host combinations for installation, activation, and updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I seem to have the same problem. I have been using CC for almost a year, with many updates without problems. I waited a bit to upgrade LR, but I updated Bridge yesterday. When I want to upgrade LR now, I get the same errors as described.

07/28/16 22:15:15:962 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | *******************start of Download****************

07/28/16 22:15:15:962 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | GDE Version is 9.0.0.7 (BuildVersion: 6.0; BuildDate: Tue Mar 22 2016 07:36:18 )

07/28/16 22:15:15:964 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | The windows error code is - 12180

07/28/16 22:15:15:964 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | Failed to get the user proxy settings. Error is 12180. Ignoring the proxy setting in this case.

07/28/16 22:15:15:964 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | failed to resolve the proxy setting on the machine

07/28/16 22:15:15:964 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | The file to be downloaded is http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.6.1/setup.zip

07/28/16 22:15:15:964 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | Going to download the file at C:\Users\OleM\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\Install\AdobeLightroom-6.0\6.6.1/

07/28/16 22:15:16:075 | [ERROR] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | failed to init the global file data for downloading

07/28/16 22:15:16:075 | [INFO] |  |  |  |  |  |  | 1392 | *******************End****************

If I try to open the link in the browser, I get DNS error.

I am located in Norway.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got help from Adobe support, who changed my DNS settings to a universal server. Then the upgrade got installed, and I restored my DNS settings. (which was automatic through my provider)

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am struggelig with the exact same problem, I am also located in Norway btw.Win 10.

Is there any way you could reveal the universal server...the name/characters and possibly the "how to"?

I know Network and sharing>adapter setting...but which?

I have been looking Properties, but from there I would need guidance.

(Just to check, I used my Ipad to see if connecting to Adobe server would work, but no- exactly the same.)

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is a service provided by Google. More info and instructions here:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

On Windows, first right-click your network symbol in the system tray and select "Network and sharing centre". In your list of network devices, click the bottom link after your network name.

You should now have a Status dialog. Click Properties button.

Locate "Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)"

Click Properties.

In the bottom frame, you have the DNS settings, which should now be set to automatic.

Change it to manual, and use address 8.8.8.8, and 8.8.4.4

Click OK

Now run update in CC Panel.

REMEMBER TO RETURN TO AUTOMATIC WHEN DONE!

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

god damn badri told me to go into alternate configuration and insert these numbers lol...
and nawang or wtf his name is, is YET to send me a step-by-step guide on e-mail as he promised

hours ago. I am extremely dissapointed in these indian "tech support" people. Anyone who

know where floor supervisor Nawang and employee Badri works, consider this a written complaint

on their part, and bring it to the right authorities.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem from the UK .. I can download things and all the checks work but UPDATE fails.

I run my own DNS..

It seems that when  you look for an update - it looks for ffc.adobe.io.

The DNS here for ffc.adobe.io says:

ffc.adobe.io.  60    IN    A      52.200.22.35
ffc.adobe.io.  60    IN    A      107.23.11.149
ffc.adobe.io.  60    IN    A      52.203.86.77
ffc.adobe.io.  60    IN    A      52.204.64.188
ffc.adobe.io.  60    IN    A      52.200.35.204
ffc.adobe.io.  60    IN    A      52.201.26.221
ffc.adobe.io.  60    IN    A      52.201.135.87

However if I tell my system (a Mac) to use Google DNS 8.8.8.8  rather than my own DNS - update works.

The DNS at Google says:

ffc.adobe.io.  30    IN    A      52.6.97.119
ffc.adobe.io.  30    IN    A      52.73.102.156
ffc.adobe.io.  30    IN    A      52.86.5.112
ffc.adobe.io.  30    IN    A      52.73.135.157
ffc.adobe.io.  30    IN    A      52.73.169.139
ffc.adobe.io.  30    IN    A      52.4.49.82
ffc.adobe.io.  30    IN    A      54.85.115.189

Now I guess that someone is being clever somewhere and wants us on this side of the water to use a different set of servers, but I am guessing that those servers are defective.

However, the trick seems to be to tell your system to use 8.8.8.8 for an DNS and it will work.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, the 8.8.8.8 worked for me, which i found out after some googling.

did have a rather annoying hour chatting with an adobe rep, who did realize

my level of computer knowledge, which may have partly been my fault, and in addition did not have the needed

knowledge to give support on win7. i was given a step by step guide, written out

line by line, followed by "what do u see on the screen now" and telling me to select options that werent there. i obviously refused

the remote access, bcus, im an important person, ive got important shit on this

computer. just because part of my jobs entails editing photos, it does not

say what security clearance is needed for it
Anyways, if he had said "try googles DNS servers" I'd have the problem solved in less than a minute.

But it took me more than an hour just going to the network setup page lol.
So I complained, and they gave me a free month of Photo CC plan! I ❤️ Adobe
The guy even called me up later and apologized I've def. dealt with worse customer service.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update Alf-einars82965508.  Do you have the address for the Domain Name Server you were running previously?  Have you discussed the issue with the Domain Name Server provider?

Pcollinson while I appreciate you run your own DNS server.  Do you have any details on why the DNS server you are running is receiving the incorrect entries?  In your role as a Domain Name Server admin how have you resolved these type of difficulties in the past?

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, as I flushed them and don't know if my ISP works with static IPs for their servers, as settings can vary wildly between a router reset.. My "service" was recently 'taken over' by my cellphone provider, as they had some sort of partnership happening lately, so maybe it's been in the merge of their backends that the problem has arose. I have not been in contact with the ISP directly, as I'm a very busy man, when I'm not getting drunk xD

The DNS addy I'm currently registered to are 217.13.4.24 and 217.13.7.140

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update Alf-einars82965508.  If you do receive any information from your ISP can you please update this discussion. Enjoy your cocktails and I am glad you found a workaround which allowed you to successfully apply the update.

The DNS addresses are beneficial to attempt to reproduce the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well on further investigation.

1) The download system uses the Amazon cloud so the fact that the DNS is returning different addresses is a red herring. This is the way that it works to  distribute the load across the world. This is 'DOH' - I should have realised that yesterday.

2) If I packet trace a connection using my DNS - it seems that there is a conversation that happens but it's using https so is encrypted and cannot be understood. The sequence starts when I click on 'Update', then there is a a small gap before the 'Unable to reach' message is shown. Well it is reaching the server, and the server is replying - but I think it's saying 'No'.

Today it was talking  to ec2-54-77-157-33.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com this was at  07:32:04.967970 (that's GMT+1)

3) I've also packet traced a connection when my DNS on the machine is set to 8.8.8.8 and it's working. It's using US amazon addresses rather than EU ones.

Today it was talking to  ec2-52-21-13-74.compute-1.amazonaws.com at  07:44:59.235647 (again GMT+1)

So conjecture:

1) I think that the connection in Europe is being told to stop by the server for some reason. So this is not a DNS problem but something is not right on the servers at the addresses I am given.

2) The connection appears to do some form of key exchange. Is it possible that the key exchange in Europe is different from that in the US? Perhaps it's not been updated?

3) Is it possible that the https keys are not correct so the encryption fails?

I have two packet traces in tcpdump format in files - if these are useful - or a text dump of these files is useful please tell me where to send them. If there are logs somewhere on my system that will shed light on what is happening, I can find and send them.

Connections from here will all appear to come from 81.138.86.233.

It would be good to get this fixed..

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like several other people in this thread I am also located in Norway and facing the same "Unable to reach Adobe servers" problem. In my case I'm connected via Nexgentel whose DNS servers are 217.13.4.24 and 217.13.7.140.

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Pcollinson!  This information will also be beneficial.

I am unsure how much control Adobe has over this process but will update this discussion if I receive any updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for noticing and your response.

I am hoping that you are able to escalate this to the techies who can sort out what is happening.. it's obviously affecting all Adobe's European customers who are probably suffering in silence.

Translate

Translate

j3e LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread because I was searching for DNS problems with adobe.com domains. I'm running a DNS server and noticed that the adbobe.com DNS servers refuse valid connections - the problem what this thread is all about.

When I was reading here that Abobe technicians "fix" customer problems by recommending to use 8.8.8.8 DNS server I didn't know if I want to laugh or cry. Unfortunally this fits well to the technically bad image that Adbobe has.

If your expensive Adobe software does not work because they require online access to their servers and if they block valid DNS queries, that are needed to be able to access their servers, ask to get your money back. Don't be fooled.

Translate

Translate