• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC will not update to the most current version. Is my OS to old?

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm was attempting to setup an AE render farm on 2 machines running OSX 10.7.5. Each machine has hit the wall of being able to update the OS anymore. The version of AE render engine is 12.1. My newer machine is running Mavericks and has the most resent version of AE (12.2) installed. After I figured that out it was easy to understand why my render farm wasn't working.

Are my 2 Apple machines just too old?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to give us a lot more information if we are going to be able to help you.

What, exactly, are you doing to update your software? What, exactly, happens when you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I'm updating Adobe CC through the Creative Cloud updater. What happens is it only downloads the 12.1 version of AE. After that it says all programs are up to date.

Please let me know what other information you may need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on a computer on which Creative Cloud software is activated, or are you running in trial mode?

You can always use the manual updater if the Creative Cloud desktop application isn't updating your software correctly:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/12/after-effects-cc-12-2-december-2013-update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I've been spoiled by Creative Cloud. I forgot about the manual updater.

Thanks for the helpful advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Todd. Thanks for all your help.

I tried the manual updater and that failed as well.

Here is the error I get -

Update Failed

Updates could not be applied

This patch is not applicable for you. Please check for updates from the Help menu in you product to see a list of latest updates available.

Also you asked before if I am running in trial mode. I don't believe so, I have a membership to Creative Cloud.

I also checked the specs on each computer and they meet the recommended specifications.

Do you know of anything else that would be causing this failure to update problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Also you asked before if I am running in trial mode. I don't believe so, I have a membership to Creative Cloud.

It's not a question of whether you have a membership; it's a question of whether you've activated the software by signing in on each of those computers. If you haven't activated the software, it's in trial mode. If it's in trial mode, it may not receive the same updates (which is a bug that I'm trying to get fixed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines