• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEPHtmlEngine crashing Mac computers

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I am at a loss for words as I have been cursing my iMac for years now trying to figure out what is wrong with it. I purchased anti-virus software,  hardware diagnostic software, running EtreCheck and trying to get help in Apple forums, reformatted hard drives and reinstalled system software from scratch, etc., etc. I even almost shelled out the bucks for another computer after my hard drive got damaged (I replaced it with an SSD because I thought the hard drive was the issue . . . imagine my disappointment with a brand new hard drive and a clean install of all software only to have it crash again constantly!). Then I almost replaced the power supply . . . only to find out the issue is with the Adobe software that I have been using all these years (I am not good at reading crash reports, but I did some research on the line that read: "BDS process name corresponding to current thread: CEPHtmlEngine" which kept appearing . . . and apparently Adobe has known about this since 2015 (even the current fix they have for it has modification dates of 2016 for 2020 software!). WHY? Once I found the issue, which has taken years and a lot of wasted time, my iMac has run perfectly. I just can't believe the issue is caused by Adobe software. Their lack of informing users of the problem and not properly fixing it since 2015 is ridiculous!

Usually, I do not rant like this, but this is major! And, when the update for Illustrator was just pushed out (a few days ago) I upgraded and my fans immediately started whirling and it was just a matter of time before the system shut down again. Once I went into the package contents and replaced the items in the com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular folder with items from 2016, my computer was working again without a problem.

I hope this helps anyone with the same problems - just download the DL 2.2.4 folder and follow the instructions . . . the only problem is you will need to do this each time you update the software. You can find it here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/high_cpu_usage_cephtmlengine.html

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM PROPERLY ADOBE!

I run an iMac Retina 5K 27 inch Late 2014 with 32 GB Ram

Thanks for listening!

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?