• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certificate warning

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is an installation issue or not, couldn't find anything that was related to my issue, and can't seem to contact Adobe.

This certificate has been popping up, but it isn't always for Adobe Content, it has listed something about Skype.

The thing is I don't know what it is for or why. I never needed this before for any products, and I am getting a security warning, and properties don't seem to tell me anything. 

I have avoided clicking OK simply because I want to make sure everything is legit before doing that.

Also, it keeps popping up related to me opening the FireFox Browser, opening up pages I have opened multiple times before.
And crap while writing this down I accidentally clicked OK. (It would not go away until I closed out of Firefox, but I could never tell what page seemed to cause it.)

So did I just screw up? 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attachment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange Certificate.png

Sorry, I run a forum and on there it is just drag and drop to post. 

A different one had something about Adobe and skype.

I am assuming it would be fine, but I would prefer to make sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is the other one, associated with go.trouter.skype.com

Strange Certificate 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see that last comment on the second link, that's me. I also contacted Kaspersky and they responded by reading what was on the certificate, which is why I posted here.

I know Microsoft owns Skype, but the certificate doesn't seem to indicate that and is unknown, which is one of the reasons I didn't want to just click okay. I would have assumed Microsoft Windows would recognize their own certificate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misspoke. The certificate doesn't seem to be signed by Microsoft and seems to indicate that they don't know who it is from, and that seems to be a Microsoft window that I am seeing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I seem to have narrowed it down to outlook.live.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afaq30541196w4ng_1-1686905785204.png

I guess the problem strikes again. 

Did everything, deleted certificates, repaired the registery, re-installed adobe, but the problem still presists. 

as soon as i disable or exit Kaspersky the problem disapears, 

for me it happens only when sending an email using outlok.

any thoughts from adobe, why their certificate is the one triggering this security alert. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Afaq30541196w4ng 

let kaspersky know so they can investigate and update their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines