Highlighted

change path of installation

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

im just wondering wether its possible to change path of installation of lightroom classic? Running Lightroom_Classic_Set-Up.exe starts the process of installation right away, no chances to change the path. How come?

cheers taka
win10

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

change path of installation

New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

im just wondering wether its possible to change path of installation of lightroom classic? Running Lightroom_Classic_Set-Up.exe starts the process of installation right away, no chances to change the path. How come?

cheers taka
win10

Topics

Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thje path is controlled by the Creative Cloud Desktop App. It is set in the preferences of that program, CC DTA.

2020-02-25 05_39_34-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

But it has to be changed, SET, before you install any actual programs. So if you already have some other Adobe program installed you have to uninstall it/them and then make the Install Location change and then Reinstall.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for fast replay. But i dont understand. This means i have to install CC Desktop App first to change path of installation of any further installation? Thats strange for me. Cause i just want to use LR and nothing else. Whatever. I will see wether this works. And i hope that i can choose where to install CC Desktop App.

Cheers taka

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is Completely Correct. Install the CC DTA First, Change the Program Install Path then install the program you have a subscription for or the ones ou want to Trial.

No other way around it.

Also not sure where you got the Base Program installer as those are not longer available. Only way to instal Adobe software now is from the CC DTA.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive got it here:

https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop
So now installing CC DTA (what does DTA mean). And again im surprises, that i cannot change path of installation of that program. Why? I mean i can handle it, but it is strange anyway. What if users just have a small system disc? Furthermore i wonder, how should i know, that i have to install CC DTA first? Where is that written? Im able to help myself, but what should users do who are not able or who dont want to call for help in this forum? Im confused.

Whatever, thanks Mr Shoot for your support!
Unbenannt.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does DTA mean?

DeskTop App.

Creative Cloud Desktop App (CC DTA).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines