Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the language setting for your Creative Cloud apps

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users, 

Learn how to change the default language for installing your Creative Cloud apps with help of this article-

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/change-install-language.html

For already installed apps- Un-install the application, change the language setting and reinstall the app. 

Feel free to share your feedback on our community. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop got installed in French, but I need it in English.  How do I proceed.  I used AAM to do this with CS6, but cannot find the way to select the language and download again.  Do I need to uninstall first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacques - This link may be helpful: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html.  Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you had to unistall the app before noticing the language change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no.  I modified the language in Creative Cloud options and closed it.  After re-opening, It did allow me to download again.  It retained both the initial (English) and the new language (French).

Regards,

Jacques

Envoyé de mon iPad

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cgrmz it will depend on your operating system.  Windows users have reported the need to remove and reinstall the application for the langauge to switch.

Macintosh users have mostly reported the same behavior Jacques posted with the language changing without the need to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, this is very important for me!

Can you confirm that on Mac it's possible to change a languages without a new complete install of the software?

I modified the language in Creative Cloud options and closed it.  After re-opening, It did allow me to download again.

Download again what? Sorry, i do not understand -  you have to download again the all software or only the new language pack?

It retained both the initial (English) and the new language (French).

This is interesting. So now you have photoshop in 2 languages and you can switch in real time using ui-language preference? Confirm?

ui-language.png

Last: Jeff this solution can be used also for Illustrator CC or InDesign CC?

In other words: i need all 3 software in 2 languages (English international and French).

It could be a great feature of CC! Please let me know if possible!

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folobo you need to adjust the language setting in the Creative Cloud application.  Please see Adjust the install language | Creative Cloud applications | CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/change-installed-language.html for additional details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks !

I finally had succeeded in the way you describe.  My problem was that I had not closed CC to reset the option to download again.  I appreciate your r espons e.

Regards,

Jacques

Envoyé de mon iPad

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found no way but change language option in CC, uninstall ad reinstall PS.  It keeps the initial language and adds the new one.

Jacques

Envoyé de mon iPad

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, i see the link but uninstall them and reinstall is a always big problem.

Are there other solutions to use to do this? I use Mac (no pc)!

To change the user interface language of currently installed applications, uninstall them and reinstall using the Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacques

It keeps the initial language and adds the new one.

Please Jacques, can you explain better explain what you have to do?

Now do you have 2 languages?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes now I have the 2 languages. I had installed French initially, and

then I changed the language in Creative Cloud-Preferences-App, and

downloaded PS again. It reinstalled and added the second language.

To switch, in PS, you select Preferences-Interdace and select the

language for the UI in the Text section.

You can see the languages files in Programs/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop

xxx/Locales. If the reinstall does not leave the 2 languages, you could

first save aside the current language file and move back afterwards.

Jacques

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I install twice PS in two different languagee (i.e, French and English) what happen when there is an update ? Do I have to apply the update twice?

Thanks Jules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folobo you can uninstall the applications by using the Uninstaller located in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, many thanks for your reply.

Last question is: can i have the CC software in 2 languages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will depend on if you have to uninstall and reinstall to switch to the proper language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will depend on if you have to uninstall and reinstall to switch to the proper language.

Sorry again Jeff, but i do not understand.

I need my software in 2 languages on the same 10.8.4 installation.

In other words: today i want launch Photoshop or InDesign in English and tomorrow in French.

Is it possibile? This is very important for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should allow you to switch languages since you are using Mac OS.  On Windows the reports are that to adjust the UI language you need to remove and reinstall in that language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many sorry Jeff but is so difficult to understand your opinion.

Sure i use mac and i do not understand if i can installed 2 software languages.

I need my software in 2 languages on the same 10.8.4 installation.

In other words: today i want launch Photoshop or InDesign in English and tomorrow in French. Is it possibile?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folobo I am sorry if I made this more complicated than it needs to be.  Please follow the steps offered in message #6 to adjust your language.

You are welcome to post your results to this discussion once you have compelted the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I wanted to change After Effects from Italian to English without having to uninstall and install again. Here's a quickfix:

- go to: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC\Support Files\AMTLanguages

- find file it_IT and rename it to en_EN

that's it. now After Effects loads in English.

It's not so easy with PS and AI. If soemone can tell me how to change it for those two I would appreciate it.

bye tnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it be possible to change the language on Windows without the need to remove and reinstall it any time soon, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ThorP if you wish to change the language for your already installed applications you will need to remove the current installation and reinstall with the new language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines