• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changed install location but Animate still tries to install on C drive

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the subject states, I changed my install directory but every time it tries to install it attempts to put the application on my C Drive still. I can seem to locate where the app is installed on my pc as I was attempting to find any files that may have been installed before it failed but can't find anywhere online the install location for default applications.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some files will go onto your c drive but, IF you select an allowable* non-c drive, the majority of files (including the exectuable) will be on your non-c drive.

*this cannot be in a root of a drive (eg, install on D:) and it cannot be a network or external drive. 

p.s.  when you change the drive, it won't uninstall anything on the c drive so if you're "changing" the install location of something already installed, uninstall it first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is it just states the install as failed and doesn't actually allow me to uninstall which is why I'm looking for the root directory adobe downloads applications to so I can remove any files it already installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is animate installed on your c drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no im attempting to install but didnt realize adobe was installing to my c drive 

which doesnt have enough space so it failed to install afterwards i changed the directory but it still thinks it needs to install onto the c drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed (don't attach) a screenshot of your preferences showing your install location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe.PNGsorry dont know how to embed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is h a network or external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

internal HDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

then:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app (which has to install on your c drive), https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

change the install location for your cc apps

install your cc apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines