• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chat assistant sent me a suspicious email then cancelled my plan, who do I tell?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke with Deepak about editing my payment plan because there were no buttons to do so on my account page. This chat was through the official adobe.com support chat. Deepak offered me a better price on the All Apps than I was currently paying. I was sent the email below and told to use the link to submit a payment. This email is very suspicious. The address is a gmail.com not adobe.com. Trustechauthority is the email and merchant name, but the sender name is Adobe Support. The link provided takes me to a poorly designed page that does not use a secure connection. All things things I don't expect from Adobe.

Edit: I was going to paste the link I was sent but there is no reason to help their SEO. Trust me when I say that it has nothing to do with Adobe.

I told Deepak that this doesn't look legitimate. He then told me that If I don't want to pay this way I can edit my plan through my adobe account page. I checked my account page again and the buttons to manage and edit my plan reappeared.

I then closed the chat. Immediately after, I received a legitimate Adobe email saying that my cancellation was successful. Now I cannot open my CC apps and my typekit fonts were unsynced.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not use gmail-addresses. That is for sure scam.

Do you have a case number?

If so, post it here.

Anyhow, best is to use this link and only this link for contacting Adobe Customer Care: Contact Customer Care​ .

You need to contact Customer Care and explain that the plan has been cancelled by error.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my case number: ADB-7967434-Z1G2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing just happened to me, also with Deepak. I called him out on it, and he quickly canceled my account and issued a refund. I'm on the phone with support right now to make them aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What ever happened??? Is it a scam??? 
I just talked with him today, it's March 20,2020... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omgosh!!!! I'm panicking now. I chatted with Deepak too, earlier. I allowed to share my screen with him to re-install my adobe photoshop app and now my screen is BLANK. No desktop display. This is absurd!!! I canceled my plan immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines