• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome freezing with Adobe CC

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why this is happening. I recently built a new computer, AMD Ryzen 9 3900x with 64 mb ram and Radeon 5700xt. I have been using Chrome just fine. Then I install Adobe CC and Photoshop. I start having issues with Chrome. The browser will work just fine, then crash. Upon trying to reopen it, it freezes immediately. I uninstall Chrome, reinstall, no luck. Uninstall, delete the Google folder and reinstall, it might work for a day or two but will freeze again and I have to go through all that over again, and it doesn't always work and I end up having to use Edge. Since the timing correlated with the installation of Adobe, I uninstalled Photoshop. It didn't help. I unisntalled Adobe CC. Now it works perfectly. Has anyone had this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I use Chrome on a 2021 16" MacBook Pro Apple M1 Max 32 GB running Ventura 13.1 and up-to-date Adobe CC apps.

My issue is that sometimes, if I have an Illustrator or InDesign window open on my Desktop and then unhide my Chrome browser window (which I usually opt-click on the Desktop to hide) Chrome will freeze, and I have to force quit and then reopen it. This very specific sequence is the only thing that causes Chrome to freeze, and it doesn't happen consistently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try removing chrome add-ons to see if you can pinpoint the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea! I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keep us updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultydv7xw8t4q51 @atomicvibe ,

Did you try the advice shared by @kglad?

Also, please make sure that you're not running the Creative Cloud application in compatibility mode.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did remove add-ons, and I haven't experienced this issue, but, admittedly, I haven't really tested it out to see if my solution worked. I will try today.

Also, I don't know what "compatability mode" is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

(compatibility mode is a windows setting)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed all Chrome add-ons except Adblock, and it's been working fine... until a couple of days ago. Not sure what happened over the course of almost 4 months, but here we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there's still something about your chrome browser causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines