clicked on the password reset link of adobe account but the web address i was taken to was https://fake.domain.adobe.com and it said "this site cant be reached"

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to sign in on adobe lightroom mobile app after downloading it. I had forgotten my adobe account password so i opted to reset it. The reset link was received in my email. The web address in the email of password reset was somthing like ; https://adobeid.services.adobe.com etc... but when I clicked the link, the webpage said; "This site can't be reached". Also the web address was https://fake.domain.adobe.com (see screenshot attached).

But now I can sign in with the new pasword, so i guess the password has been changed succesfully. Is this something to be concerned about?

Screenshot_20181203-232945_Chrome.jpg

Message was edited by: Benoy Thomas

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although that's a disconcerting screen (fake.domain.adobe.com!?), it does sound like you were able to change your password and it now works.

I assume it's some developer code that got left in somehow. As long as you can successfully log into the "real" CC site, you should be good to go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happened today after reset the forward went to 'fake.domain.adobe.com' yet the new password selected during the process works fine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue right now with PS Express app on Android (HTC10). I used my facebook link to register, but the service still asked for a password. So I inserted my mail address, got the registration link, decided for a password and BOOM! Got the same blank screen with the same weird "fake.domain.adobe.com" URL.

However, me being able to write on this forum is proof it was a legit Adobe mail and software. Still, seeing that blank link with that URL gave me an heart attack for a second!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just got same issue now with PS Express on iOS resetting my password, but it seems working without problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines